On 31/01/2020 at 6:26 PM, Maggie James said:

I agree with ChrisM's opinion.  Give it a whirl 10-3pm.  You will soon know if a full day is required, or whether a full day is something that evolves a few years down the track.

I am sure the beekeeping community of Canterbury (ApiNZ or non ApiNZ, commercial or hobbyist) would be happy to be a trial case.  

I think I can safely say we will grab the opportunity of education - whether it be for experienced or inexperienced beekeepers.  Let us know when it should be diaried.  

What would the cost be to attendees?

10-3 sounds like a good span.

Discussions are very prelimary at this time and rely on external funding. The aim would be to make the cost minimal/non-existent and of course inviting all beekeepers - it is not an ApiNZ event but in the absence of another science group stepping forward to organise then this group is aiming to do so for NZ Inc  [JM].

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hilarious is right!  Rene knows his stuff. I’ve had the pleasure of sharing his ute around risk sites sniffing out the dreaded foulbrood.  Rochelle also.. (James wife)..  one mission sp

i'll be my usual blunt self and say only some of it is laziness. there is those who are anti establishment and they tend to get known and can be dealt with.  the rest tend to be the fruit cakes.

Maggie this is a popular opinion but i don't think it is actually the case.   The levies the "good" beekeepers pay are not subsidising the "bad" beekeepers. The money the "good" beekeepers a