Jump to content
Tiare Marsters-Moses

Stolen Beehives

Recommended Posts

Wounder why they stealing ?

Can't give them away

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know how you feel. We had 80 stolen over a 2 month period over winter.  We put trail cameras everywhere and finally caught him. Silly mongrel kept coming back for more. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manz said:

We put trail cameras everywhere and finally caught him.

And the end result ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for sentencing in January. Probably not enough to cover our losses 

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, manz said:

Still waiting for sentencing in January. Probably not enough to cover our losses 


was he stealing to onsell or stealing for his own use .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the police arrested him he was busy repainting and rebranding our boxes (the few that have been recovered ). We're not sure who he was supplying (a family member we believe) but I informed both MPI and Asure Quality of the registration number but as yet don't know if they followed it up. He had gear from other beeks as well !!!! We still have to have a further meeting with police prior to sentencing so should know more by then. I must add the police have been amazing from the start so no complaints with them. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tiare Marsters-Moses said:

Stolen Beehives from Far North. Beekeepers number A6961 marked on boxes and frames. Please share.

Sorry to hear.  What a bunch of ##%%%#.

Was the honey still on them ? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tiare Marsters-Moses - wonder if it is that repeat offender that the Whangarei Bee Club managed to track down 2012 and made sure he went through the courts, already had convictions for the same previously, but still only got the well soaked bus ticket treatment - he operated out of a large warehouse on the outskirts of Dargaville while rebranding and painting. The then president of the club would have the details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2019 at 7:46 PM, manz said:

I know how you feel. We had 80 stolen over a 2 month period over winter.  We put trail cameras everywhere and finally caught him. Silly mongrel kept coming back for more. 

 

@manz did you get any of them back in the end or had he moved them all on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got about 30 empty boxes back, some lids and bases but no bees though. And we had just put about 20 new queens out in one site he targeted 😠😠 most of the sites were one brood box but due for the second box to get ready for splitting later to go in pollination  so a lot of hard work down the drain. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/01/2020 at 9:35 AM, manz said:

When the police arrested him he was busy repainting and rebranding our boxes (the few that have been recovered ). We're not sure who he was supplying (a family member we believe) but I informed both MPI and Asure Quality of the registration number but as yet don't know if they followed it up. He had gear from other beeks as well !!!! We still have to have a further meeting with police prior to sentencing so should know more by then. I must add the police have been amazing from the start so no complaints with them. 

Yes honey was still on the hives. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...