aussie fire and bee keeping

Before all climate changes I count on human stupidity and radioactive waves sweeping across planet..

What is use of nuclear weapons if we don't use it, especially when more and more players are in possession of it. So I don't believe in overpopulation at all, I am counting on our human nature. Killing drones, smart bombs, hypersonic ICBM rockets, etc.., keeps reminding us that we are on the right path to glory. 

Beside that,  watching these fire tornadoes and piles of burnt animals is sad to watch from far away, I can imagine being there and living it.. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trevor is not correct.  It has not set 'records' for growth over the last 5 years, and the ice cap is not expanding.  It is shrinking around the edges, but its' mass is increasing because of increased

This was a month ago It would have got worse So terrible for them all https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-20/beekeepers-traumatised-by-screaming-animals-after-bushfires/11721756

We are distilling alcohol from fruits ( plums), no methanol, no headache if drink too much.. In fact I inherited distilling equipment from my late grandfather - for our personal use, not selling. Even

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Goran said:

So I don't believe in overpopulation at all,

There are some countries that are over populated and quite simply cannot meet their food demands.  Unfortunately, the countries where the arms are being used are not productive in feeding what's left of their population or contributing to world food production and will have to rely on countries that have surplus food i.e. exports.  With climate change, countries are going to have to adapt their food production accordingly. 

Thank goodness NZ is at the bottom of the world, it will probably be our saving grace.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

Thank goodness NZ is at the bottom of the world, it will probably be our saving grace.

I used to think that too, until I read that when the antarctic ice melts world ocean levels will rise 58 metres. Drat, my floor level is 55 asl. 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, yesbut said:

I used to think that too, until I read that when the antarctic ice melts world ocean levels will rise 58 metres. Drat, my floor level is 55 asl. 

Well I am thinking I shall have a much shorter driveway to maintain .

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Thanks.  I am OK until above 30M.  Above that level I will need to learn to swim.    So all good in my department.  Global warming is not going to affect me.

Our house will not be affected .

But I will need a tinny to get anywhere .

All the roads to the nearest shops are right on the coast and flood regularly with a normal storm surge .

• Good Info 1
24 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

Our house will not be affected .

But I will need a tinny to get anywhere .

All the roads to the nearest shops are right on the coast and flood regularly with a normal storm surge .

Even at 60 metres, I'm fine, only 4 km to go fishing, so I don't care. It's not going to happen overnight, if ever.

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, Russ said:

Even at 60 metres, I'm fine, only 4 km to go fishing, so I don't care. It's not going to happen overnight, if ever.

Is that 4 klms before or after 50 mtr sea level rise .

15 hours ago, Goran said:

Before all climate changes I count on human stupidity and radioactive waves sweeping across planet..

What is use of nuclear weapons if we don't use it, especially when more and more players are in possession of it. So I don't believe in overpopulation at all, I am counting on our human nature. Killing drones, smart bombs, hypersonic ICBM rockets, etc.., keeps reminding us that we are on the right path to glory. 

Beside that,  watching these fire tornadoes and piles of burnt animals is sad to watch from far away, I can imagine being there and living it.. 

If human stupidity (via nuclear war) doesn’t dramatically reduce the worlds over population I believe mother nature will step in and create a new plague or revive an old one to bring the population down to a sustainable level.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Ted said:

If human stupidity (via nuclear war) doesn’t dramatically reduce the worlds over population I believe mother nature will step in and create a new plague or revive an old one to bring the population down to a sustainable level.

Actually if the latest common plurry cold is anything to go by I agree with you

• Agree 1
On 3/01/2020 at 4:00 PM, Markypoo said:

Yes. That is entirely consistent with a warmer climate in the southern hemisphere transporting more moisture to antarctica. https://earthdata.nasa.gov/learn/sensing-our-planet/unexpected-ice

But more ice = less sea level rise. 🥳

On 3/01/2020 at 9:23 PM, M4tt said:

Bare with me .....

If you don't mind, I will stay fully clothed 😜

On 3/01/2020 at 11:41 PM, kaihoka said:

The temperance movement must have been really concerned  and depressed about the end of prohibition too.

They must have thought it was madness to legalise alcohol .

It was madness to ban it. Prohibition in the US only lasted about 13 years, because it resulted in more people getting slammed than before - and on antifreeze rather than proper Glenfiddich. 

On 4/01/2020 at 7:59 AM, Trevor Gillbanks said:

100% 

Remember Chicken Little.

This is my last post on this.

Consensus is not fact.  

Good on ya Trevor

On 4/01/2020 at 3:19 PM, yesbut said:

Infinite growth + finite planet will require a pollution free infinite source of energy to avoid a sticky end.

Not necessarily - what if economic growth (GDP) actually uses less resources? https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/12/weve-just-had-the-best-decade-in-human-history-seriously/?fbclid=IwAR3Y8doVDp9xIXnreoVW_-ZPrUlMAiCZP-56omRveRvBqN1LbOXAsQAjRSE 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Ruche said:

It was madness to ban it. Prohibition in the US only lasted about 13 years, because it resulted in more people getting slammed than before - and on antifreeze rather than proper Glenfiddich. 

They had anti freeze back then?

Interesting side note about the prohibition, by the end of it they had shut down around 30% of the prisons due to lack of people to put in them. Yes, alcohol is a dangerous drug.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Interesting side note about the prohibition, by the end of it they had shut down around 30% of the prisons due to lack of people to put in them. Yes, alcohol is a dangerous drug.

As I learned in school, prohibition created great american mafia.. So, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, heh?

• Like 1

Certainly created a bootleg industry, same as illegal drugs do, and if tobacco taxes get high enough maybe that. Same argument used to legalise prostitution.

Does not change the fact alcohol causes massive harm in society.

Edited by Alastair
  • Like 1
Just now, Alastair said:

Certainly created a bootleg industry, same as illegal drugs do, and if tobacco taxes get high enough maybe that. Same argument used to legalise prostitution.

Does not change the fact alcohol causes massive harm in society.

Weapons causes massive harm in society.. I always imagine to what boundaries we could reach if all energy spent for destruction is directed toward creation.. 

• Agree 3
5 hours ago, Alastair said:

Well yes they did, but I think methanol (wood alcohol, which is highly toxic) was used more commonly to bulk up the brew. 

The consumption of methanol led to people becoming literally 'blind drunk' - they would lose their eyesight. This is where the fable comes from about how drinking pure alcohol (100% ethanol) will make you go blind - it will not. However, 100% ethanol can make you drunk very quickly and over-consumption would lead to severe intoxication and possibly death. So I guess if you died you would be blind 🤔

Yes, alcohol is a dangerous drug, but not near as addictive in small quantities as other illicit drugs or even prescribed opiates. 

Anyway, not sure how this has anything to do with beekeeping! 😄

• Agree 1

Alcohol can sure be bad for ya. My Grandmother told me about when she was bout aged 15,her and her cousin wagged school, stole some honey mead and drank it all under the bridge at Taneatua untill they passed out. The cousin never woke up. Would have been about 1925 i think.

• Sad 4
On 3/01/2020 at 5:01 PM, frazzledfozzle said:

@Sailabee can you post a few links for me to have read ?

Actually I’ve had a look myself and there’s plenty to choose from :)

Try duckduckgo.com in the future

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=is+the+ice+on+anctarticaq+melting&t=h_&ia=web

8 hours ago, Goran said:

.............. I always imagine to what boundaries we could reach if all energy spent for destruction is directed toward creation.. 

You think like a honey bee, not like a human 😁

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Goran said:

We are distilling alcohol from fruits ( plums), no methanol, no headache if drink too much.. In fact I inherited distilling equipment from my late grandfather - for our personal use, not selling. Even we have always some alcohol in the house, not rarely pass more than a week I drink some as aperitive or to cool down ( beer). I never had problems with alcoholism even with alcohol always present around. I tasted once I think a whiskey and dislike it. I like to smell aroma of the fruit in our schnapps. Our schnapps are in range of 44 -50%. 

Connection with beekeeping - plums, bees adore plums and if weather behave bring lot of pollen and nectar into my favorite spring multi floral honey.. 

Thanks Goran for making the connection between my ramblings and beekeeping 😄

What sort of still do you use? I'm guessing a pot still if you get the fruit aroma coming through?

Edited by Ruche
  • Agree 1