What Could he Get for UMF 15

On 19/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, Alastair said:

Yes he did, but was not happy with the price offered. It was more than the $38 mentioned here for UMF 11, but as has been mentioned this honey should make UMF 15. Yes, the honey has just been harvested, these numbers are straight off the hive.

His situation is that he has spent the last several years planting his land in manuka of a selected strain, and is finally reaping some honey. However his investment has been substantial, he is now looking for best possible price.

my impression, reinforced now, is that with such a trivial amount of honey he should be happy that he was able to find a buyer

• Agree 1
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the ratio of  MGO to DHA I would have thought the growth potential would be quite good ? But I know stuff all about it So wonder why I’m even putting my oar in  

A lot of the sites we had on the Coromandel Peninsula  would regularly do 3 to 4 heavy full depth boxes of manuka. Not every year but most years. All the people that think overcrowding doesn't make an

You’re right !!! No one would talk about THAT spot.  ??????

Posted Images

On 19/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, Alastair said:

Yes he did, but was not happy with the price offered. It was more than the $38 mentioned here for UMF 11, but as has been mentioned this honey should make UMF 15. Yes, the honey has just been harvested, these numbers are straight off the hive.

His situation is that he has spent the last several years planting his land in manuka of a selected strain, and is finally reaping some honey. However his investment has been substantial, he is now looking for best possible price.

This is classic. 

That honey may have a theoretical maximum growth to 15, but no buyers going to pay on that. 

It's pretty average honey so I'd have thought 30-40 dollars was realistic 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1