Jump to content

1080 Hive and Honey testing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i would

1080 is a naturally occurring organic compound which can be made artificially and used to kill pests. People don't seem to get so upset about formic acid, oxalic acid and thymol which are also na

Oh still small voice of calm..... Atrazine is a residual herbicide used by maize growers ..... kills everything dead except the maize plant for months and months. The Tordon we sprayed on ou

what does 0.005 mean?

What is the maximum level of 1080 permitted in export honey?

And/or considered to be considered an insignificant trace?

If Landcare does this test, then surely one laboratory has a test for 1080?

Is it usual for the laboratories to keep their tests secret?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bighands said:

No laboratory have developed a test for the presence of 1080 in hone.Landcare will test your honey but their test only goes down to .005 and this lab is owned by  the government,so would you trust them.

God , you guys carry on like DOC is the Black Opps  division of the Deep State .  LOL

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2019 at 6:04 AM, Bighands said:

No laboratory have developed a test for the presence of 1080 in hone.Landcare will test your honey but their test only goes down to .005 and this lab is owned by  the government,so would you trust them.

What load of bloody nonsense, this is up there with chem trails and the fake moon landing.

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, john berry said:

1080 is a naturally occurring organic compound which can be made artificially and used to kill pests.

People don't seem to get so upset about formic acid, oxalic acid and thymol which are also naturally occurring organic compounds made artificially and used to kill pests.

 

if you eat 200 grams of carrots you habe more than a treatment dose of oxalic acid in your stomach. yet i doubt youd want to eat anything that contained even small amounts of 1080? would you?

 

certain chemicals will just have certain impacts to certain animals at certain concentrations. Comparing them like this does not do any good to any attempt at a sensible discussion.

 

that said i see 1080 as a necessity and get the impression that they are fairly transparent about it.

 

Yet People are stupid and make a big fuss about some pellets dropped into the bush and dont care about the nasty poisons sprayed on their food and everywhere on the side of the roads.

 

how exactly is 1080 supposed to get into honey?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Christi An said:

 

Yet People are stupid and make a big fuss about some pellets dropped into the bush and dont care about the nasty poisons sprayed on their food and everywhere on the side of the roads.

 

 


that to me is a huge issue.

we must be consuming so many residual chemicals when we eat our fruit and veges :( 

  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bighands said:

Like putting apples in a calcium bath so they hold up in cold storage

I never saw that at the packing shed I worked at .

10 minutes ago, yesbut said:

Never mind the volume of unrecyclable chemical containers.

that is true .

But the IPM regime that they subscribe to now means that there are a lot more things alive in orchards these days and the mangement is aware of using predators to control bugs .

But in nelson its the fungus thats the biggest problem .

Fungicides are nasty stuff.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bighands said:

I saw it when I was picking fruit.

 

15 hours ago, Bighands said:

10 yrs ago

For gods sake, if you going to say this is what happens in  food production, make it bloody relevant, and up to date. we only just got cell phones 10 yrs ago.

Thats like saying the kiwifruit spray orchards every 6 weeks regardless, which they used to do, 20 bloody years ago, ,but dont do now.

Edited by Dennis Crowley
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dennis Crowley said:

 

For gods sake, if you going to say this is what happens in  food production, make it bloody relevant, and up to date. we only just got cell phones 10 yrs ago.

Thats like saying the kiwifruit spray orchards every 6 weeks regardless, which they used to do, 20 bloody years ago, ,but dont do now.

100% support on this @Dennis Crowley

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dennis Crowley said:

 

For gods sake, if you going to say this is what happens in  food production, make it bloody relevant, and up to date. we only just got cell phones 10 yrs ago.

Thats like saying the kiwifruit spray orchards every 6 weeks regardless, which they used to do, 20 bloody years ago, ,but dont do now.

Hives that had been used to pollinate organic apple orchards were on average noticeably weaker than those from conventional orchards. Personally I like organics but being on those orchards for some reason seemed to knock the hives around.

You certainly see a lot less cases of spray poisoning now than you did 20 years ago in all orchard types.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...