frazzledfozzle

World honey prices

11 hours ago, Gwenyn Gwesty said:

Drive around the BoP and boy there are a lot of new avo plantings, I hope for their sake that there will be a market for them as if supply goes up but demand doesn't, the price will only come down. 

Look what happened to honey!

Heaps of new massive avo orchards being put in up north too

Edited by Maru Hoani
Spelling error

2 hours ago, Ali said:

Your so right @Bighands that is exactly what is done in a big way. Pacific Island/Melanesian men for the picking and then the women folk for the pruning etc, not just Avo.

I know two couples in the north who make a great living helping to manage the crews, make sure they get to work and back each day etc etc, a bit better than slavery but has it's similarities.

From what I saw part of the art is making sure certain culture groups don't mix it up with other cultures as it can lead to real trouble. 

Seasonal labour but it gives an opportunity for the folk who come here to take something home with them that is far more than they would have staying home.

I think its great that these folk can come here and make money to take back to their communities to improve their lives.

But I am sick.of this kiwis are lazy s###t.

NZ had an aging population, all the young people who would have done this work 30 yrs ago are well and truly past it now .

The standard of housing for a cold climate like NZ has to be a lot more weather proof than where these folk come from .

They do not bring their families and may struggle to house them on the manual labour wages just like kiwi families do.

NZ  workers have a good reputation as hard workers overseas .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, kaihoka said:

NZ  workers have a good reputation as hard workers overseas .

Perhaps the fact they've got up and out of here indicates they have above average ambition and motivation.

And there's often no welfare system for foreigners to fall back on.

Immigrants around the world tend to be hard working, making a new and better life for them  and their families. Hence the phrases "working like a Dutchman" and more recently heard "working like an Indian".

• Like 1
  • Agree 3