StephQbee

Queen Cell Incubator

Hey guys i am looking into doing a DIY project and making a incubator to raise my queen cells to hatching.

Wanting to grab some feed back and advice on making it from those that have made one in the past.

What you would recommend better then other things and your successful outcomes.

StephQBee

Hiya. If you type "incubator" in the search box top right you'll get quite a few hits....😉

• Like 1

We have a very natural incubator.   It's a queen right double brood box hive  with the queen confined to the bottom box. The second box has two or three frames of brood, and the cells sit there until day ten ..... when they go out.

When the cells are capped in the finisher hives, they go into the incubator.

When the cells are looked at the morning after grafting, the frame carrying the bars is marked with a date  ..... grafting day plus nine.  

That is the date they need to go into a future life.

• Like 1

@yesbut Yeah i have read a few thing on the incubators in the search bar. 

@jamesc yeah that is exactly what i do i have been rearing queens for 7 years. I am just trying to make ot a bit eariler on myself so i dont have to keep coming back to site to take them out on day 10. And i want to try putting virgins in instead of cells. Been having so really good success rates with my virgins.  

Thats why i am really looking into making one to sit in the office and monitored to make sure 100% hatches on my cells