PhilEvans

Waipa District Council Beekeeping rules

15 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

Previous posts in this thread, alleging the actions of this particular council would indicate to me, if the allegations are correct that there are people creating a job for themselves being draconian money making bureaucrats to fund their employment.  Individuals such as these contribute majorly to the expensive cost of living in NZ, and other than their own salary do not produce a needed product or service.  I sometimes wonder when NZers will say enough is enough!

Ok then, you've determined Waipa DC's trajectory with this issue is not a very straight one, how would a meeting YOU chair progress any beekeeping rule update ?

It's very easy chucking rocks from the outside....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie James said:

Unfortunately the bureaucrats are making tradies lives a misery; often unnecessarily

They never bothered me?

Although as more emphasis when on Workplace safety more of these type positions were created and Im sure that my income was affected by this in that their budget needed to be found.

However I appreciated not being exposed to Dope heads, P heads and flying scaffold tubes.

I would like to think that sense would prevail, and if I wanted to improve the issue I would be looking at positive ways other district councils have got around the issue and why they should persue an amicable way forward.  The reality is the rate payer is the customer, some e.g. the Selwyn District Council forget.  In the townships here, it costs $300 for an apiary consent.  I don't know how long the consent is for.  The town boundaries keep extending, and even if the boundary is still encompassing a paddock a commercial beekeeper is expected to pay, and this is clover production! I am sure that there are larger councils than Waipa that have gained a satisfactory conclusion; taking into account all stakeholders. 

On 27/11/2019 at 8:09 AM, Sailabee said:

Do as we did in Auckland, get those with backyard orchards as well as beekeepers to front up. We got enough to force the council to hold several sessions to hear all those who had put in submissions, and the elected councillors attended and we were sitting at tables - about 8 people/councillor or senior planner, and it worked, and they dropped the fees they had proposed.

I would be looking at why those particular consents are so expensive and what happens to that money.  And how much it cost to produce the wording of Phil's post earlier today.  I think there would be a few getting massive pay cuts if I were the chair!  

And because this particular Chair is so in Love With Bees, I would decree that Waipa have a massive bee friendly garden, every household must have 1-2 honey production hives, I would decree instead of planting pinus radiata plantations that non manuka native florals be planted, and all the bureaucrats that have been made redundant can run the Waipa Council Honey Extraction Plant, and all their secretaries can pack and market the honey; and thereby as primary producers will contribute overly to NZ GDP!  Haha haha And of course I would rock up and tell the Waipa Beekeeping Council Employees how to produce large numbers of quality queen cells!

And of course their will be a training programme for Waipa Council Staff to sell the native floral honeys in China

I will utilise the council dog pound.  It will be the sniffer dog training base

Edited by Maggie James
  • Haha 1

On 19/01/2020 at 3:39 PM, Maggie James said:

and other than their own salary do not produce a needed product or service.  I sometimes wonder when NZers will say enough is enough!

That is precisely what I am trying to do...

• Agree 1