Diamond Harbour

Anyone have hives on Banks Peninsula, particularly the Diamond Harbour area? Do you get an early honey yield from all the gums, ngaio, and succulents that are flowering?

I ask because the bees have been working hard on all the plants in Church Bay where our bach is. If it wasn’t for the drive I’d have 2 hives over here. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go for it Jamesc, tell the tax man its for transporting bees

but i do not want a normal bloody spring . LOL

Perhaps you should see a health professional.

Posted Images

I can’t comment on your situation , but my hives that have access to gum flowers in the winter and spring do very well . They never cap it though . It all gets fed to expanding populations 

• Good Info 1
51 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Uh Huh....When I used to work for Uncle Arthur we ran bees all around the Bays from Lyttllton to Diamond harbour.

Beautifull spring build up.

When the east coast is having a beautiful spring build up we are having rubbish weather .

Just like now .

3 hours ago, kaihoka said:

When the east coast is having a beautiful spring build up we are having rubbish weather .

Just like now .

Yes I agree but do not forget the last two springs were quite dry.This is a normal spring as I remember it and I have resided on the coast for 35 yrs now

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bighands said:

Yes I agree but do not forget the last two springs were quite dry.This is a normal spring as I remember it and I have resided on the coast for 35 yrs now

but i do not want a normal bloody spring . LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4