What sort of bee?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was there syrup in the feeder? If so Bee got wet. if no syrup then it is likely bees with CBPV Chronic Bee Paralysis Virus. It usually sorts itself out but take note of the number of bees yo

Cooked bees look like that too.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Windward said:

I found a number of these barely striped bees in my top feeder today. Not my normal italianx. Hoping they are not going to be a problem?

20190927_110353.jpg

Was there syrup in the feeder? If so Bee got wet.

if no syrup then it is likely bees with CBPV Chronic Bee Paralysis Virus.

It usually sorts itself out but take note of the number of bees you see with that appearance. If it gets worse and you have another healthy colony that can spare some brood and nurse bees it would help to boost the population with those until it sorts itself out.

• Agree 2

Hi there no there was no syrup just dried sugar sheet but all the "barely stripey" bees were in there so maybe it was high humidity dampening them down. Im honestly not sure how they got in? There were 20 or so in there and its one of those feeders with the clear plastic caps at each corner and in the middle.

9 minutes ago, Windward said:

Hi there no there was no syrup just dried sugar sheet but all the "barely stripey" bees were in there so maybe it was high humidity dampening them down. Im honestly not sure how they got in? There were 20 or so in there and its one of those feeders with the clear plastic caps at each corner and in the middle.

How odd....