tristan

more machine mods

been doing a few mods, repairs and rearranging of the extraction plant.

image007.thumb.jpg.4034ebded1364fa19af9de8848b3b2c1.jpg

wires everywhere!

new float switch control so low float switch turns pump on with variable speed adjustable, then when high level float switch switches on it runs the pump at full speed until the low float switch turns it off. this means you can set the pump speed just under the speed of the honey coming in and pump will run at a constant low speed but still empty out if it fills up. it avoids having the pump switching on/off constantly.

image008.thumb.jpg.36eaa0fd35f059e2ee7af9dd88944b59.jpg

fixing the Boutelje extractor. new support bars installed as the top had bent under the weight of the motor (it sprung back once we took the motor off). it had bent so much i had to readjust the lid to get the extractor to run.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with a pump switching on and off ?

I was gonna send you a photo of a waterblaster i cobbled together.

The pump came off a petrol motor that crapped out. So i pulled it off and attached it to an electric motor spinning at 1400 rpm.

Two questions.

The pump has no pressure.

How do I  fulfill my H&S obligations and avoid frying the operator ? 

17 hours ago, jamesc said:

Whats wrong with a pump switching on and off ?

I was gonna send you a photo of a waterblaster i cobbled together.

The pump came off a petrol motor that crapped out. So i pulled it off and attached it to an electric motor spinning at 1400 rpm.

Two questions.

The pump has no pressure.

How do I  fulfill my H&S obligations and avoid frying the operator ? 

switching on/off gives the pump motor a hard time. the old one had a similar system so it could run for a while and avoid short cycling.

from the operators point of view its nice to know the pump is working and the sump is not going to overflow because the pump didn't switch on, which i've had multiple times. that makes it one less thing i have to keep an eye on.

water blaster, is the motor big enough?

most water blasters run 5hp motors and up. you would need 3 phase to run that and i'm picking a higher rpm motor plus VSD.

to avoid frying the operator, use a petrol motor instead of electric. ;)