This had to be a wind up.... right?

ABC83419-DED2-40CD-9301-7AFF604B0C95.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, jamesc said:

This had to be a wind up.... right?

ABC83419-DED2-40CD-9301-7AFF604B0C95.jpeg

Geez, do we have a choice??? 

How about good value service. And take into account the current beekeeping environment. 

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Gino de Graaf said:

Geez, do we have a choice??? 

How about good value service. And take into account the current beekeeping environment. 

Nothing like being in a competitive environment (joke) where you have to be competitive with your pricing.

• Agree 2

Grrrr,,,,, think I might jump on that Big Sky Waka and ride that Sweet machine over to Api Mondia while I still have a little folding stuff left. No rush with the bees to stop them swarming .... eh !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Dennis Crowley, really good opportunity for Apinz to step up and fight against increases.. Might win over some followers.

Is APINZ going to Apimondia? 

How about sending the mail back with a big No! written on it. “Vibrant industry... My beehind

• Like 1

Just part of Jacinda's well being program to ensure those in the Heartland beyond the Black Stump feel valued. 

After all .... someone has to pay for the Pharmac budget.

• Agree 1

Use of the word service/s is a bit overdone !

I count 8 with 5 in the first two paragraphs :( 

I can’t stand these types of organisations that contribute nothing but put there hand out for those that do the work to fill there coffers. 

• Agree 3

Maybe it's a scam mail ?

Just now, jamesc said:

Maybe it's a scam mail ?

Its a scam alright :( 

• Haha 4

Maybe it is a silly question. But...

Is AQ the only one company doing the RMP audits?

4 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Its a scam alright :( 

Sweet ..I'll put it in the rubbish bin and  all will be good in the world.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Use of the word service/s is a bit overdone !

I count 8 with 5 in the first two paragraphs :( 

I can’t stand these types of organisations that contribute nothing but put there hand out for those that do the work to fill there coffers. 

They do offer a service required. 

If I want to be innovative and improve my service... Should I then increase pollination fees??? By 12%... 

Just now, jamesc said:

Sweet ..I'll put it in the rubbish bin and  all will be good in the world.

That's one way of protesting... 

You seriously going to Quebec? 

Why not .... jump on that  Sky Waka to LA ..... pick up a throbbing California beauty to place between my thighs and ride her for 3000 k's ..... why would'nt you before the cash Bee runs out of honey. Getting too old for a Route on 66 .... but you know.

Anyone else need some counselling ??

Edited by jamesc

25 minutes ago, Gino de Graaf said:

They do offer a service required. 

If I want to be innovative and improve my service... Should I then increase pollination fees??? By 12%... 

You could and the grower could either keep you on or find someone cheaper.

is that an option with asurequality?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gino de Graaf said:

Is APINZ going to Apimondia? 

Not offically for ApiNZ (as they have paid their own way there) but several members of the ApiNZ Science & Research group are over there now. They will be bringing back as much information as they can we're sure [JM]

• Like 1

On 3/09/2019 at 7:55 AM, kaihoka said:

When does the manuka honey season start in northland .?

It's like a wave, starts August up north then mid to late Sept in the mangamuka then rotorua etc

• Thanks 1

Manuka has been flowering locally here through August.   Yesterday I took a truck load of hives out to the promised land, which is still in the region, but it is yet to start flowering there.  I've just got today back from a local site which sits alongside a large patch of gorse and a decent gully of flowering manuka.  The bees were hungry though and not a sign of manuka nectar in a cell.

Things are still cray in the Waitakeres, manuka has been flowering for six weeks already. I've noticed honey bees, native bees and small blowflies feeding on the flowers but only those that are warmed in direct sunlight.

1 hour ago, CraBee said:

Manuka has been flowering locally here through August.   Yesterday I took a truck load of hives out to the promised land, which is still in the region, but it is yet to start flowering there.  I've just got today back from a local site which sits alongside a large patch of gorse and a decent gully of flowering manuka.  The bees were hungry though and not a sign of manuka nectar in a cell.

Does it flow reliably each year if it flowers well .

Or does the weather affect the amount of honey produced.

We can have a spectacular flowering here but if the wind is up it does not produce .

1 hour ago, CraBee said:

Bro ..... the bees are still on winter break.

Hi all

We are having a discussion day

APINZ BOP discussion day, Friday 27th Sept at 14 Morton Rd Aongatete. Bruce Lowes shed 1.00-4.00pm.

Do other industries biosecurity issues bother us as beekeepers, we are landless farmers and move our bees in and out of other people’s properties?

Matt from KVH will be there to chat about biosecurity and where KVH are going, also what are contractors being required to do/implement.

Updates from Zespri, Avocado NZ and Apimondia.

Clifton King the manager of the AFB management board

In terms of my objectives there are three issues I want to address (in priority order):

1. I believe certain beekeepers have been spreading misinformation about our enforcement operations and I want the opportunity to meet with commercial beekeepers to hear their concerns and address them.
  2. Commercial Beekeepers in the BOP/Waikato region are much more likely to try an prevent AP2 inspection of their apiaries than anywhere else in the country. I believe there are 2 reasons for this:
    1. The Management Agency hasn’t had many/any AP2s in the Waikato BOP region for some time and they simply aren’t used to having their apiaries inspected
    2. Misinformation from beekeepers
  3. Underreporting of AFB in the Waikato/BOP appears to be worse than elsewhere in the country (but it’s a problem elsewhere as well).

So come along let anyone else you know that should be there.

Beers, BBQ and Bull…t afterwards.

Any questions 0272863124

Dennis

• Like 2

Outside my sphere, but what / who is KVH ?

Ask Auntie Google 😀

• Haha 1

Yes !  a bargain single monthly subscription as low as USD$799 !!  🤣

1 hour ago, yesbut said:

Outside my sphere, but what / who is KVH ?

Kiwifruit Vine Health.  Organisation set up after PSA arrived.