Wildflower

NZBF Storing old honey frames/ End of Season clean up

4 hours ago, cBank said:

I’ve had the odd fermented one and have shaken out what I could then put then into hives. I have done this as a single frame or maybe 2 at most. I’d imagine that putting on full boxes of fermented nectar would cause a problem.

I have 3 boxes with up to 30% uncapped nectar on each frame. All from a hive that obsconded (but capped larvae has been lab tested free of AFB)
I have decided to warm up the boxes in the sun (fully sealed so cannot be robbed) and then shake and wash out the uncapped nectar. There is still a lot of capped honey from last season which I don't want to lose.
I should have kept it in the freezer over winter, but I didn't.....

19 minutes ago, PhilEvans said:

I have 3 boxes with up to 30% uncapped nectar on each frame. All from a hive that obsconded (but capped larvae has been lab tested free of AFB)
I have decided to warm up the boxes in the sun (fully sealed so cannot be robbed) and then shake and wash out the uncapped nectar. There is still a lot of capped honey from last season which I don't want to lose.
I should have kept it in the freezer over winter, but I didn't.....

The honey under the cappings may well be the same . If it is , when you uncap it , it will be like water and the wax will disintegrate as well 

Caan already fermented or fermenting honey be used to make mead?