Haider

Pollen counted

Posted (edited)

Please can you advice me what is the pollen counted percentage acceptable  for the honey .

Thank you

Edited by Haider

@Haider

I can't understand what you are asking at all. 

And if you are a honey marketer, I would think that is a question you should know the answer to.

Are you asking what % of honey can be in extracted honey? Before filtering or after?

Unless you are taking honey from brood frames, there should not be much pollen in the honey, I don't believe the bees store pollen in the honey frames if there's no brood.

Please correct me someone if I have this wrong.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Mummzie said:

@Haider

I can't understand what you are asking at all. 

And if you are a honey marketer, I would think that is a question you should know the answer to.

Are you asking what % of honey can be in extracted honey? Before filtering or after?

Unless you are taking honey from brood frames, there should not be much pollen in the honey, I don't believe the bees store pollen in the honey frames if there's no brood.

Please correct me someone if I have this wrong.

I am planning to export honey the COA show that pollen count percentage for different drums between 102-135

is the large amount of pollen effected the honey quality?

please find attached COA samples.

5EA733BB-7E3D-469B-BBCF-094F06AE0412.jpeg

37E8FC88-BA63-4A2C-B3BA-E9BEE51249DE.jpeg

Edited by Haider

maybe someone who sells honey can help you..............

9 minutes ago, Haider said:

I am planning to export honey the COA show that pollen count percentage for different drums between 102-135

is the large amount of pollen effected the honey quality?

please find attached COA samples.

5EA733BB-7E3D-469B-BBCF-094F06AE0412.jpeg

37E8FC88-BA63-4A2C-B3BA-E9BEE51249DE.jpeg

Both examples of  multiflora honey.Under the codex allimentairious ( spelling not sure of) the pollen source should be at least 70% to be called a pure honey.eg clover or lotus or other plants have to be at least 70%.I hope this makes sense.

I get quite a bit of pollen stored in honey frames . They stick it anywhere when there’s an abundance .

Cant answer your question though 

Well done Big Hands.

Haider is a good man trying to move NZ honey into the Middle East snd needs all the help we can give him  to make it happen.

Salaam Bro !

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Well done Big Hands.

Haider is a good man trying to move NZ honey into the Middle East snd needs all the help we can give him  to make it happen.

Salaam Bro !

Thanks my Friend appreciate your support 

20 minutes ago, Haider said:

Thanks my Friend appreciate your support 

🙏

Different Honeys have different pollen counts  i.e. Clover usually 70% pollen but Thyme is considered pure with a 20% pollen count as a low pollen honey  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Do not forget the bee takes honey from the stamen on the flower and the stigma holds the pollen so as she gets the nectar brushes the pollen holding stigma.This means the pollen from the bee enters the cell that the honey is placed into,that is why it is good to have only honey frames.

• Agree 1

I wrote an article about this for the Beekeeper a few months back. As @Bighands has mentioned the amount of pollen that ends up in the nectar (and therefore the honey) generally depends on the morphology of the flower (i.e. where is the pollen in relation to the nectar). You can read the article here: Pollen Counting_NZ Bkpr Apr 2019.pdf

There is also this document that is supplied (I believe) by the Bee Products Standards Council: New-Zealand-Honey-characteristics-10June2008.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would have expected to see the total pollen counted over 200, closer to 300.