Wildflower

NZBF Distressed Bees Distressed Beekeeper

yep both hives look normal to me, just need to build up in numbers, we still have all our entrance reducers on due to the large a mount of mice/wasps around still, have lost alot of good frames though mice damage being to slow putting reducers on, wildflower don't keep beating yourself up saying ur a poor beekeeper, look at is as a learning curve,, at the end of the day ur bees are going to survive so long as they have food,and varroa treatment and room they will pretty much do the rest

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, kevin moore said:

yep both hives look normal to me, just need to build up in numbers, we still have all our entrance reducers on due to the large a mount of mice/wasps around still, have lost alot of good frames though mice damage being to slow putting reducers on, wildflower don't keep beating yourself up saying ur a poor beekeeper, look at is as a learning curve,, at the end of the day ur bees are going to survive so long as they have food,and varroa treatment and room they will pretty much do the rest

Thanks Kevin. 🙂

Learning Bee keeping without being able to get to the bee club, is slow but the hives seem so much more settled now. And yes, I won't make the same mistakes again. A lady is coming into my work to drop me off some treatment strips today. 

Up and onward for the season from now!

On 1/09/2019 at 10:57 AM, Wildflower said:

Thanks Kevin. 🙂

Learning Bee keeping without being able to get to the bee club, is slow but the hives seem so much more settled now. And yes, I won't make the same mistakes again. A lady is coming into my work to drop me off some treatment strips today. 

Up and onward for the season from now!

If you haven't seen it already, I recommend the OA/GL thread on the forum under Diseases and Pests - here.

It's a very long thread so don't try do it in one go, but it's really useful for seeing how people are dealing to the critters.

I'm new to beekeeping and waited until I'd had a full season of synthetic treatments before trying anything different, but its worth reading anyway.

On 3/09/2019 at 4:26 PM, cBank said:

If you haven't seen it already, I recommend the OA/GL thread on the forum under Diseases and Pests - here.

It's a very long thread so don't try do it in one go, but it's really useful for seeing how people are dealing to the critters.

I'm new to beekeeping and waited until I'd had a full season of synthetic treatments before trying anything different, but its worth reading anyway.

Ta