Phil46

3/4 ,6 frame HD nuc boxes

Evening,

Is anyone using these at the mo or has used these in the past?If so,how have you found them?

I only have wooden box nucs and whilst they are good,i have all different sizes as some are homemade and some bought.Im looking at swapping to the above.They look nice n light,everything would be uniform size and can accomodate 4 frames of bees including a feeder.With the box type ,I have top feeders so could do away with all those as well.Cost is another big factor.

Any feedback welcome.

Yep.  I use Paradise 6 frame NUC boxes.  I cut them down to 3/4 and I love them.  I use them as either 2 x 3 frame or 1 x 6 frame.

I also have spare boxes so that i can super them up if needed.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2019 at 7:28 PM, Phil46 said:

Evening,

Is anyone using these at the mo or has used these in the past? If so,how have you found them?

I've got a few and have used 3 of 4 of them last season.

I found them ok. I prefer to use a 3/4 with a division board and build it up to a full box gradually.

The boxes are very light, don't let water out (but at the same time, don't let much in) and are a little prone to distorting if they aren't on a flat surface. However they are also easy to store, can be chucked in the boot of the car and don't risk coming apart as much as a hive with a division board when transporting. They are great for dealing with swarms.