Hi everyone reading this. 

I would like to ask anyone using the provap 220 if they would please share with us how do they power it? 

I am experiencing difficulty lately with it raising the temperature, a problem that recently developed. 

Thanks.  

I have a 350watt pure sine wave inverter running off a large ute battery. Easily does 50 treatments without running low on battery. Best to use pure sine because you can then use it for any appliance. The cheaper inverters cant do phones or computers etc. But should be ok for heating elements....but the Provap does have a controller that may not like the Modified sine wave of the cheap units.Good luck

2 hours ago, Aaron Andrews said:

Hi everyone reading this. 

I would like to ask anyone using the provap 220 if they would please share with us how do they power it? 

I am experiencing difficulty lately with it raising the temperature, a problem that recently developed. 

Thanks.  

I power mine with a 1100w inverter. 

Hi, I use a blackridge 1700W unit for a similar style of vapouriser. However if you are having problems then you should plug it in to mains power at home or work and check to see if it goes ok. That way you can establish if it is a power supply problem or a vapouriser problem. 

Thanks for that eveyone. My 600w inverter would appear to be the problem. It is a modified sine inverter, so....the temperature controller was not working until i plugged it into the wall as suggested. 

The heat kept going up and overworked the limited capacity of the inverter. 

Hopefully a new 1000w pure sine wave inverter will fix it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi. Those of you who helped with thier comments may like to know that the outcome of getting a new pure sine wave 1000w inverter solved the problem entirely. 

I also wrapped the heated bowl in heat wrap, one metre of it, $6 from repco. 

It now heats quicker, reheats faster and would appear to use less power. 

Thanks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aaron Andrews said:

Hi. Those of you who helped with thier comments may like to know that the outcome of getting a new pure sine wave 1000w inverter solved the problem entirely. 

I also wrapped the heated bowl in heat wrap, one metre of it, $6 from repco. 

It now heats quicker, reheats faster and would appear to use less power. 

Thanks.

Aaron got a pic of that please