Timbatrader

Bridge weight limits

I have a bridge to access my property with 3500kg weight limit I am amazed at the number of people that either have no idea of the weight of their vehicle and have concept of what is 3500kg when asked couldn’t say whether that means a quad bike a ute or a logging truck. Anyone with a heavy truck license at least must have studied when they got their licence but these days you can drive a six ton truck on a car license. I had a truck with a trailer behind come a while ago saw the sign had no idea how heavy they were (tare weight of truck was over 4000kg and it had a full load of hives plus trailer with a loader on) but decided because the had a trailer behind and couldn’t reverse it they had no option but to carry on ahead. they made it across with no visible damage how do I stop it from happing again   

Is it your bridge or on road reserve ? 

1 hour ago, Timbatrader said:

I have a bridge to access my property with 3500kg weight limit I am amazed at the number of people that either have no idea of the weight of their vehicle and have concept of what is 3500kg when asked couldn’t say whether that means a quad bike a ute or a logging truck. Anyone with a heavy truck license at least must have studied when they got their licence but these days you can drive a six ton truck on a car license. I had a truck with a trailer behind come a while ago saw the sign had no idea how heavy they were (tare weight of truck was over 4000kg and it had a full load of hives plus trailer with a loader on) but decided because the had a trailer behind and couldn’t reverse it they had no option but to carry on ahead. they made it across with no visible damage how do I stop it from happing again   

A sign 

NO TRUCKS

CARS AND UTES ONLY

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

If you can, a gate. Electric sounds good so that you don’t have to get out, but having dealt with electric gates in the past, they are a nightmare and break regularly (usually after some moron forces them open or closed) and are expensive.

if this is on your property rather than on the way to your property you have get this sorted. If someone does something stupid and gets hurt OSH will go after you in a big way.

i vaguely recall some case in the media ages ago where the army built a bridge on a farm and it collapsed... it got very ugly

27 minutes ago, lexy said:

if this is on your property rather than on the way to your property you have get this sorted. If someone does something stupid and gets hurt OSH will go after you in a big way.

i vaguely recall some case in the media ages ago where the army built a bridge on a farm and it collapsed... it got very ugly

Very fatal 

2 hours ago, lexy said:

Yes.  The Berryman case. It destroyed them and more than just financially.

18 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Yes.  The Berryman case. It destroyed them and more than just financially.

I hadn’t been aware of that story - very depressing. There weren’t any winners there.

18 minutes ago, cBank said:

I hadn’t been aware of that story - very depressing. There weren’t any winners there.

Absolutely.  It was a travesty. The military and govt officials lied and would not release information.  A huge case of butt covering.

It is a terrible story of big brother power and shifting the blame.

• Agree 4
  • Sad 1