mouse_279

NZBF Liquifying crystallized honey

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I have a few buckets of crystallized honey - any top tips on how to make it runny again so I can bottle it up? Thanks :)

Actually - have just found some great videos on YouTube that can help me, so all good.

Edited by mouse_279

6 hours ago, mouse_279 said:

Hi all, I have a few buckets of crystallized honey - any top tips on how to make it runny again so I can bottle it up? Thanks :)

Actually - have just found some great videos on YouTube that can help me, so all good.

Put it in a very sunny room and spoon the soft bits  into  bottles at 3 pm each avo on sunny days .

I have discovered that all my honey that was stored on the floor is crystallised, and everything stored up high has not... Cold floor is not good. Lesson learned for storage over next winter...

• Like 1
  • Good Info 2

Posted (edited)

I’ve started trying to get an engineer mate to make me a honey spade.

I put the stove on a low setting (induction, on 2) and put a pan of water on it. Put a pan in that filled with crystallised honey. It’s messy, if it’s sunny the bees get interested and it ruins any kitchenware you spoon it out with if you’re not careful.

Ive dealt to 150kgs this way so far.

Edited by cBank

Build a hot box? Hive box with a light bulb running in the bottom, stack on more boxes to sit containers in. Insulation all round helps of course as does patience. No mess though.