Chrisdub

HONEY ALTERNATIVES ?

this is why no one likes vegans, lets sell a sugar type sweetener as honey

• Agree 1

Must have to be rich to be a vegan, the most economical jar they sell is the 250 gram jar for £5.99, works out to £23.96 a kilo, NZ$45.04 a kilo.

And it's fake LOL.

Doubt the beekeepers need feel very threatened ha ha.

15 hours ago, Chrisdub said:

Ok.  Apparently this is Organic bona fide fake honey.    How long before we find bee approved faux manuka on the market place too? 

https://vegconomist.com/products-and-launches/bee-approved-vegan-alternative-to-honey/

Thank you Chrisdub, pleased to read that somehow buying this would please the bees, but the highlight was the link at the bottom of the page about vegan condoms - relieved that manufacturers are doing their best to restrict the growth in numbers of vegans. 

• Haha 8

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

Albert Einstein

• Haha 6

There would be a Trade Descriptions case against this if anyone could be bothered. As the UK will be practically lawless shortly they'd better be quick.

Posted (edited)

Agreed, I found the honeycomb design on the label particularly deceptive. Without thinking too much, someone in a supermarket could easily think they are buying a jar of honey.

Edited by Alastair
  • Agree 1

Vegetarian sausages. Kind of look like sausages. But I’d never buy one. 

2 hours ago, CHCHPaul said:

Vegetarian sausages. Kind of look like sausages. But I’d never buy one. 

Sheep are vegan and they make pretty good sausages.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, Alastair said:

Agreed, I found the honeycomb design on the label particularly deceptive. Without thinking too much, someone in a supermarket could easily think they are buying a jar of honey.

Agreed - actually I would not have posted it except for the incredibly misleading labelling!  How can it be legal to advertise a honey substitute with such an obvious visual link to a natural animal product in order to actually sell it as vegan!    That would be like a vegan sausage with a picture of a pig or a sheep or cow on the packet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

They don't even list the ingredients in the sales blurb. A joe bloggs had to ask, and all the seller put was that it was made out of organic brown rice. 🤔 🤠

On 13 July 2019 at 7:35 AM, Sailabee said:

but the highlight was the link at the bottom of the page about vegan condoms

thats because they don't like the taste of a meaty sausage 

• Haha 3

If it's not actually honey, does that mean they could put DHA and MGO in it? 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alastair said:

My sister is a vegan .

But she eats my honey and eats  my chooks eggs .

She can see my 4 chooks have a pretty good life . A large warm dry house and a big run of bush and paddock .

I understand vegan sentiments but the world has got used to cheap food and most people are not prepared to pay the extra money to give animals a better life .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

My sister is a vegan .

But she eats my honey and eats  my chooks eggs .

She can see my 4 chooks have a pretty good life . A large warm dry house and a big run of bush and paddock .

I understand vegan sentiments but the world has got used to cheap food and most people are not prepared to pay the extra money to give animals a better life .

At my place is told: full-fed doesn't understand the hungry. 

It is hilarious when some no meat eater come and praise our food which has some animal origin.. I always say live your life and let me live my..

While I was in visit in France we eat food as all mortals from supermarkets. The meat I ate hardly go down the throat and I felt as having some stone in a belly accompanied with some unpleasant odor. If I live there more likely will eat little or no meat, since vegetables didn't taste as bad as " meat".. 

About these honey replacements.. I hardly believe have any positive effect on human health.. Only it is sticky and sweet.. In our local beek disputes, one beek mentioned that industrial glucose-fructose syrup encourage diabetes, to see scientific proof I have to look what research he refers to.

1 hour ago, Alastair said:

Seems someone has too much free time, maybe to try to work some..

I would say, better they work on themselves and lead by example and lead normal human talk. Installing on force their ideas into my mind only create resistance.. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3