Alastair

Bee Net Truck Covers

Posted (edited)

Would like to get one sorted for next season, just a small one for my 4x4, and would like to hear from anyone who knows about these what is a good material to use, and any other tips or tricks i should know. 

Cheers 🙂

Edited by Alastair

I use shade cloth when I use one, cut it big enough to cover the top and all four sides down to deck level, have it touching the deck against the headboard and rolled up on top of cab, then as we load deck roll net towards the back using the straps to hold down net and hives, have to fold the corners in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Info 2

Alastair I got mine from Cosio Industries in AK.  It is green colour and was either shade cloth or wind break, can't remember.   It works well.

• Good Info 1

I made ours from a shade canopy fabric called suntex. It has a stronger weave than the usual shade cloth. Costs more but lasts a lot longer and is uv resistant so if you have to shift hives during the day it helps keep the heat down. 

• Good Info 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys, and girls 😉, that's great info.

Did a google and the guys who sell Suntex are just a couple of km's from my house. So that's the easiest, I'll check them out tomorrow. 🙂

Appreciate all the advice including how to use it Dennis, I've never used a net cover before. Have stored all my extracted supers wet, which i think will do great things when they go back on the hives next season. But also don't want to be worried about a rob fest especially when parked up at home, and a truck load of supers always moves a little and gaps open, so I'm thinking a net might be the best option, there will probably be supers on the truck for a 2 or 3 month period.

Edited by Alastair