ChrisM

National Program 1 Tauranga

great info @ChrisM, thank you for going to the effort of collating and posting.

Could also prove to be a very useful resource for those engaging with the process in other areas/regions.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tommy dave said:

great info @ChrisM, thank you for going to the effort of collating and posting.

Could also prove to be a very useful resource for those engaging with the process in other areas/regions.

Tommy I agree, Tauranga Council are not to bad to deal with when it comes to bees, and the Western Bay Council which is the neighbour to TGA are a bit behind. I was asked to have meeting with them, and one of the councillors asked how to stop a guy down the road from his house from having so many beehives on his property, I had to remind them that they, the council, make the rules, so take a-leaf out of TGACC book and work with the local BOP Hobbyist group and set some guidelines. 

• Like 1

Thanks ChrisM, your info is greatly appreciated.

About 18 months ago I got a three bay shed built to store my beekeeping gear in as well as having the intention, at a later date, of building an internal room to extract honey and make my products out of beeswax and honey. The honey extraction and some of the products I wish to include in my product range will require an NP1. I am currently in the process of going ahead with the internal room, so it will be interesting to see how many hoops I will have to jump through down here in Southland to obtain certification.

• Like 1