I always thought an Alchemist was a highly trained scientist who made lotions and potions  in a medieval laboratory.

Further study with Dr Google tells me that an Alchemist is one  who can make lead into gold  ..... rubbish into something highly sort after.

Here at the end of the gully we are masters of making something out of nothing. We have a shed  around the back full of precious bits, and have a mate down the road who is on call with a treasure trove of stuff "over the bank".

If you need the shaft drive and friction wheels for a four stand shearing shed drive,  or the back end hydraulics for a state of the Ark trackavator, or the front end of a mark One go cart made from a pre century reaper binder ..... we have it. 

Alchemy comes in many forms.

This evening I was delving into the book I picked up from NZ Beeswax the other week entitled  'Beehive Alchemy'.

And I was reading through recipes that might put the junk sitting in barrels in the honey shed to good use....and make us a profit out of something worthless. 

Like I said, we are Masters of making something out of nothing. 

Beard Balm uses a high percentage of wax, as do candles and lip balm.

Honey glycerin cleanser and face mask use a lot of honey. The Body butter is a bit of a loser.

Lozenges seem to need quite a bit of honey.

Food is always good with honey.

The winner seems to be the Lithuanian Honey Spirit..... that brew uses 765 gm of honey to 950ml of water.

So ....  Alchemy....  An end of the road 'Man Up clinic' ..... complete with Beard Balming, face cleansing in the soothing candlelight and mellowed out with Honey spirit with trained counsellors ready to listen. For the Body Butter Rub you might be better off in the Big Smoke.

• Like 1

Tell us more about the Lithuanian honey spirit James 😁

• Agree 1

I have a recipe for merkin wax somewhere that uses both honey and wax.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, john berry said:

I have a recipe for merkin wax somewhere that uses both honey and wax.

Why do I not find that unusual.

• Haha 2