dansar

A different slant on marketing honey?

New Zealand's "clean, green, grass-fed" message isn't unique and exporters should instead focus on the nutritional benefits of their food products, Andy Elliot says.

Elliot spent much of last year studying the business models of New Zealand producers and exporters as part of the Nuffield agricultural scholarship programme.

He says that in order to get more value from existing production, the country needs to find a way to stand out in the increasingly competitive global market.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/113289739/grassfed-message-wont-sell-nz-products-but-health-benefits-could

• Like 1

Another thing that is also showing as an important point to "sell"your animal products is how the animal/bees have lived their life before they/what they produced were packaged into a product, ie did it have a happy life etc.

Posted (edited)

I think it passed near 2 decades when in market showed " fresh lamb meat from New Zealand". People were telling it was sooo bad.. still some people when want to be sarcastic..  tell fresh as New Zealand lamb meat.. So about meat here better not to mention is from New Zealand..

Knowing us.. I wouldn't be surprised that also labeling was wrong.. but it was written New Zealand. On the other side.. we have different sheep, so it might be strange taste for us of your sheep.

Once when I was in Switzerland was served fresh lamb meat from one local swiss farm.. It tasted to me as cardboard, empty taste.. I didn't tell nothing to don't offend anyone..

Edited by Goran
  • Like 1
  • Good Info 2