Hey all, just wondering what people are paying for liquid sugar/litre/kg? I am mixing my own syrup (which I buy by the pallet ~$1.45kg granulated white sugar)... but curious about the economics of it as I have never really shopped around. I know you can buy bulk liquid from several Auckland based companies... is anyone doing that, how do the costs stack up with freight included? Gets confusing with all the ratios and then factoring in the time and fuel to collect, sugar is a big cost so keen to check in and see what others are paying and where they are buying it from. Thanks all

What do you do with your syrup with no bees to feed it to ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fizzy drinks .....?

Ouch thats pricey. Goto farmlands they have sugar syrup @ $1.27 per litre

• Agree 1
  • Good Info 1

9 hours ago, FizzyBeez said:

Hey all, just wondering what people are paying for liquid sugar/litre/kg? I am mixing my own syrup (which I buy by the pallet ~$1.45kg granulated white sugar)... but curious about the economics of it as I have never really shopped around. I know you can buy bulk liquid from several Auckland based companies... is anyone doing that, how do the costs stack up with freight included? Gets confusing with all the ratios and then factoring in the time and fuel to collect, sugar is a big cost so keen to check in and see what others are paying and where they are buying it from. Thanks all

I buy mine for $1.50 per litre from Natural sugars but I buy  kilolitres

9 hours ago, yesbut said:

What do you do with your syrup with no bees to feed it to ?

Sorry, you confused me at first then I realised my error...Haha, computers are not my thing and I didn't set this up very well... all tidy now, only have a handful of hives so not going to buy Kilo litres.  A friend used Farmlands Feilding but they were out of stock too often and was causing him too much bother so he's making his own again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob McInnes said:

Ouch thats pricey. Goto farmlands they have sugar syrup @ $1.27 per litre

That looks like a really good price for liquid. But I can’t find it on their website. Does it have a special name? Cheers

7 hours ago, CHCHPaul said:

That looks like a really good price for liquid. But I can’t find it on their website. Does it have a special name? Cheers

Only select stores have it, you’ll need to ring one to find out. They have it in a bladder inside a 20’ container, pumped out through an in-line flowmeter.

Usually a smaller 500litre tank beside it for filling containers.

• Thanks 1

Good info thanks Dan. I’ll do a bit more research before I go ahead and convert the old hot water cylinder into a syrup mixer!

35 minutes ago, CHCHPaul said:

Good info thanks Dan. I’ll do a bit more research before I go ahead and convert the old hot water cylinder into a syrup mixer!

Farmlands Rangiora have syrup. 

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

We have Premium Liquid sugar 67 brix available for uplift direct from our Satellite tank in Mount Maunganui.

We will also now have Premium Invert Liquid sugar available from a satellite tank in Whakatane for those customers that find Whakatane a more convenient pick up location. 

• Please note that both products are our premium product, with the longest tested and proven shelf life and the lowest HMF levels on the market.
  • Minimum uplift volume  500L.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on enquiries@msugar.co.nz or on 021 103 6783 .

www.apifeed.co.nz

www.msugar.co.nz

• Good Info 1