Hi - can anyone tell me the glass jar sizes (in ml) I would need for a 250gm, 500gm and 1kg of honey? I'm sure it's likely to be a simple answer, but I've been struggling to match my quantity conversions with the jar sizes sold by Ecrotek etc. Thanks!

On ecroteks website it sells 500grm jars and says they are 400mls.

So I’m guessing a 250gm jar is 200ml and a kilo jar 800mls ?

Yes I had seen their sizes, but then I saw a calculation that said 400ml = 575gm honey and 200ml = 290gm etc. I guess there’s a gap between the top of the honey and the rim of the jar! Perhaps I’m being too pedantic lol. 

20 minutes ago, mouse_279 said:

Yes I had seen their sizes, but then I saw a calculation that said 400ml = 575gm honey and 200ml = 290gm etc. I guess there’s a gap between the top of the honey and the rim of the jar! Perhaps I’m being too pedantic lol. 

Yes.  

Jam jars are 375 mils but they hold 500 gms.  Honey has a Specific Gravity of 1.4 so 1 lt container will hold 1.4 kg.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Yes.  

Jam jars are 375 mils but they hold 500 gms.  Honey has a Specific Gravity of 1.4 so 1 lt container will hold 1.4 kg.

Great thanks! That calculation makes life easier :)

The glass jars I buy from Rick Holmes 190 or 195ml for 250gm and 390 or 395 ml for 500gm.No idea what 1 kg is as they do not produce a 1kg jar.A preserving jar(large) contains 1.4 kg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bighands said:

The glass jars I buy from Rick Holmes 190 or 195ml for 250gm and 390 or 395 ml for 500gm.No idea what 1 kg is as they do not produce a 1kg jar.A preserving jar(large) contains 1.4 kg.

Thanks, that’s very helpful 

On 31/05/2019 at 10:18 AM, mouse_279 said:

Hi - can anyone tell me the glass jar sizes (in ml) I would need for a 250gm, 500gm and 1kg of honey? I'm sure it's likely to be a simple answer, but I've been struggling to match my quantity conversions with the jar sizes sold by Ecrotek etc. Thanks!

Hiya - it looks like you've got most of your answers but I'll pop the conversions for all the jars below.

Plastic Poly Jars

250g - 200 ml

500g - 400 ml

1 kg - 750 ml

Glass Jars

500g Square - 380 ml

500g Round - 400 ml

Hope this helps!

^Willow

• Like 1