Maggie James

QUEEN CELL PRODUCTION POWERPOINT TUTORIALS FOR PRODUCING LARGE NUMBERS OF QUALITY QUEEN CELLS

Hello Beekeepers

Twenty five years ago, loving the outdoors I struck on the idea of having a beehive as a hobby, and then I dived into beekeeping with gusto!  I studied at Telford via correspondence.  In those days Telford also offered a queen bee rearing certificate, so once I completed the apiculture knowledge cert, I launched into queen rearing studies.  To complete my queen rearing cert, I was required to be at Telford for 8 weeks, and during this time there was major emphasis on stock selection, grafting techniques and artificial insemination. 

Back home, my first customer enquiry to buy queen cells was for 600!  I really thought it was a hoax, particularly when the guy said he was travelling from the deep south with a chocolate cake for a Saturday a.m. cuppa!   Well, I got heaps of referrals from that outfit.

I then shifted to Leeston, Mid Canterbury, which fortuitously coincided with the breakup of the Airborne Honey beekeeping operation.  All the ABH guys were excellent beekeepers and I ended up with all of them as my customers.  I was based at a large local extraction plant, hence more customers.  I have really great commercial referees, and some of my customers I have retained for 20 years.  The local guys get smaller amounts of cells, but those from long distances generally 70 or 144.  Over the years, I have produced tens of thousands of queen cells. 

So now I have got so much to tell regarding beekeeping, and it has come to a time to change tack and decelerate.  Below are my course dates, with instructions on how to make contact for more information and registration.

Cheers.  Maggie 

Maggie April 201915534.pdf ABC Editorial.pdf

• Like 2

QUEEN CELL PRODUCTION TUTORIAL

BRIDGMAN ROOM, THE ARTS VILLAGE, 1240 HINEMARU ST, ROTORUA

SUNDAY 30 JUNE, COMMENCING 9.30 A.M

This tutorial rapidly filling with an interesting selection of experienced beekeepers.  See Maggie April pdf in above posting for contact and essential registration details

Cheers.  Maggie