Friends ..... Brothers.....

Ok ... I'm gonna put my left one on the the line tonight, mainly because Stoney's mate has offered to give me any body part I require..... so a replacement is in the offering.....  But  tonight we are talking   MGO.

This year we got quite  a lot of nice MGO honey ....  and we are talking in the low  100's, and less.... but MGO nevertheless ..... so when  I see a photo of Mr yesbutt's 30 mgo manuka which probably sells in excess of $100/kg it got me thinking.... which is what i do do a lot of at certain stages of the day.

So, my second Main Man called in to the yard a couple of weeks ago and commented that perhaps if we added 'Contains MGO' to the label it would sell just like that. 

So .... a lot of our Non Manuka honey contains MGO ..... we have Kamahi with MGO in it ... and as we all know, it's not what you have to sell , it's how you sell it. Adam will vouch for that..

So.... Friends and brothers ... stick a little bit of MGO in your marketing spiel and be surprised !

I was !

• Like 1

Sounds like honest modern day marketing to me. flip side eg.. Look at "earthwool" insulation batts harmful to earth and absolutely no wool in them at all. 

• Haha 1

May as well add "peroxide" as well...

20 hours ago, jamesc said:

Friends ..... Brothers.....

Ok ... I'm gonna put my left one on the the line tonight, mainly because Stoney's mate has offered to give me any body part I require..... so a replacement is in the offering.....  But  tonight we are talking   MGO.

This year we got quite  a lot of nice MGO honey ....  and we are talking in the low  100's, and less.... but MGO nevertheless ..... so when  I see a photo of Mr yesbutt's 30 mgo manuka which probably sells in excess of $100/kg it got me thinking.... which is what i do do a lot of at certain stages of the day.

So, my second Main Man called in to the yard a couple of weeks ago and commented that perhaps if we added 'Contains MGO' to the label it would sell just like that. 

So .... a lot of our Non Manuka honey contains MGO ..... we have Kamahi with MGO in it ... and as we all know, it's not what you have to sell , it's how you sell it. Adam will vouch for that..

So.... Friends and brothers ... stick a little bit of MGO in your marketing spiel and be surprised !

I was !

Mr yesbutt's 30 mgo manuka which probably sells in excess of $100/kg - Have you added a 0 to this price in error? 30mgo does not get $100

20 hours ago, Anne said:

Sounds like honest modern day marketing to me. flip side eg.. Look at "earthwool" insulation batts harmful to earth and absolutely no wool in them at all. 

Dont forget lemon honey and polar fleece, well you ain't lying if it does have mgo in it.

13 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

Mr yesbutt's 30 mgo manuka which probably sells in excess of $100/kg - Have you added a 0 to this price in error? 30mgo does not get $100

No ..... I had a look at their website .

Well, it seems they market it at around the hundy per kilo! Have to wonder how much they sell of course. If they are producing the honey and marketing it themselves (presuming good sales of course) then they are doing ok next to the Kiwi who sells to a processor here.

On 26/05/2019 at 11:24 AM, jamesc said:

No ..... I had a look at their website .

That would explain it. So you are talking about a website shop retail price. Prob ably part a a marketing support mechanism. The site is the RRP position. $100 per kg or $25 per 250g jar. 

As a guide - Remove the GST and divide by two then start discounting from there and you will end up at the price sold to a retailer. 

3 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

That would explain it. So you are talking about a website shop retail price. Prob ably part a a marketing support mechanism. The site is the RRP position. $100 per kg or $25 per 250g jar. 

As a guide - Remove the GST and divide by two then start discounting from there and you will end up at the price sold to a retailer. 

A honey shop in Cairns today is selling that level of mgo and size of jar for about $28aus, I'll take a photo of their honey wall with both NZ n AUS manuka prices and sizes n post it.

• Like 2

Like is said as a very rough guide. 

$28 less GST divide by 2 then deduct inwards freight, outwards freight, Jar, lid , label, packaging,  process cost, compliance and testing. Then sales team, marketing, ATL and BTL promotion etc etc

$28 is expensive only for the reason that the product is crap. 

1 hour ago, Adam Boot said:

Like is said as a very rough guide. 

$28 less GST divide by 2 then deduct inwards freight, outwards freight, Jar, lid , label, packaging,  process cost, compliance and testing. Then sales team, marketing, ATL and BTL promotion etc etc

$28 is expensive only for the reason that the product is crap. 

Yes, its a good price for runny gum.

• Haha 1