Jump to content
tommy dave

waxed frames for sale - imported beeswax?

Recommended Posts

not that long ago a mate of various forum members was posting on facebook looking for people to buy wax imported from China from him for waxing frames.

He got a lot of grief, rightfully so.

Same guy is now selling waxed frames on facebook beekeeping pages.

What should be done?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask what the source of the wax is? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ali said:

Ask what the source of the wax is? 

yeah, done that. Don't trust the guy though, everything i've seen from him so far reeks of deceit.

Hhe initially posted a for sale ad for wax imported from China and specifically stated that it was for waxing frames. Subsequently back-pedaled and then deleted his post there, but kept it on local (to him) farming pages etc.

 

Do you know him? he's from up your way.

 

his response to "have you ever imported wax from China?" was "personally, no" - now silent on whether he's used imported wax to wax frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tommy dave said:

"personally, no"

 

I wonder what that means, it seems like it might be a “yes”.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have clue who this is @tommy dave. I wonder how you can determine origin of bees wax? "Personally, no" seems to leave the door pretty open.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tommy dave said:

not that long ago a mate of various forum members was posting on facebook looking for people to buy wax imported from China from him for waxing frames.

He got a lot of grief, rightfully so.

Same guy is now selling waxed frames on facebook beekeeping pages.

What should be done?

 

Hi Tommy.  Would you please pm me that fb link so that I can send it to our SNI group. 

As this Chinese wax issue has been reported to all the office keepers. Would you please report this also.

  I would do so. But I only have my cell phone for the next couple of weeks.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Hi Tommy.  Would you please pm me that fb link so that I can send it to our SNI group. 

As this Chinese wax issue has been reported to all the office keepers. Would you please report this also.

  I would do so. But I only have my cell phone for the next couple of weeks.

 

Thanks

flicked you the link. i'll get it reported to mpi sometime this week, hopefully someone else has already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tommy dave said:

flicked you the link. i'll get it reported to mpi sometime this week, hopefully someone else has already

Thanks. Action taken on my part.

Not much I can do from Northland but I have passed it on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Not much I can do from Northland but I have passed it on

Yes it's pretty backward up there eh.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yesbut said:

Yes it's pretty backward up there eh.

Don't tell that to Shane Joned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You may have just ruined one of his investments that we all paid for.

Edited by cBank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Thanks. Action taken on my part.

Not much I can do from Northland but I have passed it on

MPI was notified about this last week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dennis Crowley said:

MPI was notified about this last week.

Thanks. But surely it was just the importing of wax. He was not selling waxed frames last week.  It would be interesting if he can prove where he got the wax from.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Thanks. But surely it was just the importing of wax. He was not selling waxed frames last week.  It would be interesting if he can prove where he got the wax from.

He had made his intentions to bring in the wax to coat his frames and offer any wax for coating frames for sale for others if they were interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dennis Crowley said:

He had made his intentions to bring in the wax to coat his frames and offer any wax for coating frames for sale for others if they were interested.

here's the update, he's now selling waxed frames. Not sure how he went from being short of wax and needing to import more for frame waxing to having waxed frames for sale. Maybe he saw the light and bought a whole bunch pre-waxed from a supplier and is now selling off those in excess of his needs. Possibly a bit optimistic though.

twigge_frames_for_sale.PNG.d392b4f32ea5c7662163670c4eee6f41.PNG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...