PHOTO FOR AMERICAN FOULBROOD

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Management Agency has recently implemented changes to its apiary inspections: 1. The number of AP2s inspecting apiaries has been increased from 21 to 37 2. The Management Agency is now a

Got a good pic showing tongue today.    AFB hunting once again, this rounds incouragement for staff is a $50.00 supermarket or hunting and fishing voucher per find.. just to make sure the te

Well it’s great to hear you have kicked things up a gear.... I’m hoping there are another couple of gears yet. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, M4tt said:

We always see AFB pics on old dark comb.

Does anyone have any pics to share of AFB on newer comb? I've never seen any and would like to 

my rope out pic in this thread is newer comb, just not light in colour... i think you would need to catch it in the first couple of cycles.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Another excellent photo !

Directly below and to the right slightly is a cell showing AFB scale.

this is what you look for if you find a dead hive with no brood left. Which is just a general remark aimed at new beekeepers rather than  @Stoney .

Excellent Fraz I’ve been trying to upload  a good goopy rope out pic but can’t seem to make it happen.. 

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

Here is another pic showing AFB there is a cell there showing pupal tongue also. 

This colony was weaker and luckily was found before it was overcome and it’s stores  robbed.

BEF592A4-7B39-42B0-BFB9-43F528412F88.png

Will all of those larvae that are uncovered,rope out? Bar the scale one ?

1 minute ago, Phil46 said:

Will all of those larvae that are uncovered,rope out? Bar the scale one ?

Absolutely. .. the top right cell you can see is all smeared because that's the one I banged a stick into even though it was very obvious... I enjoy a good rope out.. but can't seem to upload the pic

• Good Info 1
On 18/08/2019 at 11:16 AM, frazzledfozzle said:

Another excellent photo !

Directly below and to the right slightly is a cell showing AFB scale.

this is what you look for if you find a dead hive with no brood left. Which is just a general remark aimed at new beekeepers rather than  @Stoney .

I should have said directly below and slightly to the right of the cell with AFB pupal tongue is a cell with AFB scale. 

Although there are other cells with scale this is the easiest to see.

Edited by frazzledfozzle
  • 1 month later...