Hi all, I'm new to bee keeping(I don't even have any bees) but am quite interested in learning more about it and potentially doing it as a job. I'm just wondering what my best options would be to make that happen. Also if anybody knows of any farms nearby Hamilton that would be much appreciated. 

Cheers :D

You have several big/bigger beekeeping operations in the Hamilton area, but as we are all coming to the end of the season jobs may be a bit harder to fine untill next spring.

You could call into NZBeesWAX near the base shopping center and ask them for some names 

i would consider another job.

the industry is declining. there will probably be plenty of ex beekeepers looking for work.

plus doing it as a job can ruin a perfectly good hobby.

i would enjoy it as a hobby and do other work.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, tristan said:

plus doing it as a job can ruin a perfectly good hobby.

Let me correct that for you:

doing it as a job can ruin a perfectly good body

On 19/03/2019 at 7:52 PM, Snappin Turtle said:

Hi all, I'm new to bee keeping(I don't even have any bees) but am quite interested in learning more about it and potentially doing it as a job. I'm just wondering what my best options would be to make that happen. Also if anybody knows of any farms nearby Hamilton that would be much appreciated. 

Cheers :D

We are just down the road, but we won't be taking anybody on until next spring and (like  @tristan said) there looks like there will be plenty of beekeepers looking for work from what I've heard about the other guys in town are true

1 hour ago, Charles said:

Let me correct that for you:

doing it as a job can ruin a perfectly good body

ROFLMAO !

just looking at my hands getting cut up. arms are just about falling off.

i don't even want to look to see how much extraction i have to go. can't smell honey, it all looks the same now.

back isn't as bad as it used to be.

• Sad 2