Alastair

Honey Label Legality

i THINK my new honey label ticks all the legal boxes. But is there someone or some business or govt department that I can run it past for final approval before i spend thousands on getting them printed?

11 minutes ago, Alastair said:

i THINK my new honey label ticks all the legal boxes. But is there someone or some business or govt department that I can run it past for final approval before i spend thousands on getting them printed?

Mpi ??

• Thanks 1

MPI website has a pretty clear guide on their website.

• Thanks 1

On 13/02/2019 at 1:45 PM, Alastair said:

Check with Assure Quality

• Thanks 1

Either MPI themselves or your auditor. but I suspect they might just say that it has to comply with

the labeling guidelines as it is each RMP's/operators responsibility to ensure their labels comply..

There's one requirement however that I don't see many people complying with and that is the allergen statement.

you will need to read through the material to sort out what you 'must' have on a label.

there's also requirements around the size text you use for stating the amount of Honey in a jar. I think from memory the

text for any weight or volume has to be no less than 2 mm high!!! and if you ever export to the USA or Canada I think that it has to be

placed on the bottom third of your label on the front....

If you use the word 'raw' you need to be careful which country you send it to if you're exporting

as it has to meet their requirements for the word raw honey.

https://www.mpi.govt.nz/processing/honey-and-bee-products/honey-and-bee-product-processing/labelling-and-composition/

• Thanks 1
  • Good Info 1