Jump to content

Bees and babys.


Stoney
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, dansar said:

Yes I had a very bad reaction to broad beans, Brussel sprouts, big floury mushy peas. I used to gag, choke, dry reach. Fortunately I married a fine Las that cooks better than my mum and the condition has resolved itself.

Amusing situation- my children seem to have inherited the same condition ?

Add in leeks in white sauce for me ?

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/02/2019 at 5:28 PM, Daley said:

I got told to give peanut butter before 1, but to put it on her cheek and wait a day to see if there’s a reaction before feeding it

Unfortunately everyones an expert but this has got to be some of the worst advice ever. With peanuts it's best to wait till after two years it is known as 'most likely to'... cause a sensitivity. Your child looks like she's a 'good doer' so you probably wont need to do more than the standard diet and of course if you can breast feed it down-regulates a lot of inflammatory responses so for you some poached wild caught salmon, and lot's of delicious new potatoes and salad prepared by someone else of course :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

@Jean MacDonald latest advice is to give peanuts to infants from the age of 6 months as long as there’s no history of allergies in the family.

 

@Daley so there was no beekeeping with bubs tucked up in the backseat of the ute  she was a baby then :) 

Haha nah no beekeeping baby, very inconvenient, but I need her to not be allergic so she can supersede me ?

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Daley said:

Haha nah no beekeeping baby, very inconvenient, but I need her to not be allergic so she can supersede me ?

insert inappropriate comment about you producing kids until she does the same, just to be sure you're genuinely no longer required for survival of the hive/species?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Jean MacDonald said:

 

Unfortunately everyones an expert but this has got to be some of the worst advice ever. With peanuts it's best to wait till after two years it is known as 'most likely to'... cause a sensitivity. Your child looks like she's a 'good doer' so you probably wont need to do more than the standard diet and of course if you can breast feed it down-regulates a lot of inflammatory responses so for you some poached wild caught salmon, and lot's of delicious new potatoes and salad prepared by someone else of course :)

She eats a huge variety of food, she’s not had any reactions past a mild rash on her cheek from fruit acid (green kiwi, first season strawberries, plum)

 

Recommendations now are that you are to give them everything they could be allergic to when they start solids, which is meant to be at 6 months, funnily enough the only thing they aren’t supposed to have is honey, not until 1, because of botulism apparently.

I had a bit of a laugh at that, I would have no hesitation giving her honey except that it’s mostly sugar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daley said:

She eats a huge allergies of food, she’s not had any reactions past a mild rash on her cheek from freczemaid (green kiwi, first season strawberries, plum)

 

Recommendations now are that you are to give them everything they could be allergic to when they start solids, which is meant to be at 6 months, funnily enough the only thing they aren’t supposed to have is honey, not until 1, because of botulism apparently.

I had a bit of a laugh at that, I would have no hesitation giving her honey except that it’s mostly sugar.

We did not know about allergies so we just gave the kids everything .

Some of my friends kids had allergy to milk and got excema.

But  no ones kids had life threatning allegies.

They were all hippy kids and spent a lot of time in close connection with the natural word .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an identical twin brother. As an adult I became allergic to wild blackberries and my brother became allergic to citrus. Neither cause serious reactions unless you don't like vomiting or headaches but you have to wonder just what actually does cause allergies. As far as bee stings go I think there is pretty good evidence for the venom in your clothing causing a lot childhood sting allergies. My youngest brother is allergic, my third son is also highly allergic. A beekeeper friends son was also very allergic but following desensitisation is not worried at all by stings now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Daley said:

She eats a huge variety of food, she’s not had any reactions past a mild rash on her cheek from fruit acid (green kiwi, first season strawberries, plum)

 

Recommendations now are that you are to give them everything they could be allergic to when they start solids, which is meant to be at 6 months, funnily enough the only thing they aren’t supposed to have is honey, not until 1, because of botulism apparently.

I had a bit of a laugh at that, I would have no hesitation giving her honey except that it’s mostly sugar.

Honey is incredibly bad for new emerging baby teeth . When our kids were babies , friends gave their baby honey on his dummy . ?

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...