Daley

‘Just plain stupid’

14 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

There may eventually be more money in selling tie dyed teeshirts than bee keeping .

Daley's good to go either way, and she would certainly brighten up the dull and boring types - which is much needed.

• Like 1

The T-shirt was one of my creations but inspired by Dale. The local paper wanted a ra ra bees are saving the world kind of article but after talking to me they decided that they could do this one. Probably won't do any good but it won't do any harm. One of the local corporate's turned up on a farm where a friend has bees  and on being told there was already bees there said that was fine and they didn't put bees on top of other people. They went out the drive and straight in the next one. Apparently they have 10,000 hives now. I see there apiarys everywhere, usually too close to someone else and too close to public roads et cetera.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, john berry said:

The T-shirt was one of my creations but inspired by Dale. The local paper wanted a ra ra bees are saving the world kind of article but after talking to me they decided that they could do this one. Probably won't do any good but it won't do any harm. One of the local corporate's turned up on a farm where a friend has bees  and on being told there was already bees there said that was fine and they didn't put bees on top of other people. They went out the drive and straight in the next one. Apparently they have 10,000 hives now. I see there apiarys everywhere, usually too close to someone else and too close to public roads et cetera.

A shame the weather is so unpredictable here because over crowding is not an issue .

But maybe thats why we do not have overcrowding . Ha  Ha

Its sad for the cmmercial  Beeks here because a river of westerly wind has ruined a good manuka flowering .

2 hours ago, john berry said:

Oh my goodness! That’s even better!

your making tie dyes ? how cool! I just made another batch the other day, I’m making blankets for friends babies now.

Its good to have some balance in the media so I am pleased they contacted you and went ahead with it, it’s a good article.

Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of people around who don’t see overstocking as an issue

• Like 1

I'd go a set of tie dyed overalls , leave the legs white  , multi coloured up top...... if you ever get bored of doing T's ! Size 9.

1 hour ago, jamesc said:

I'd go a set of tie dyed overalls , leave the legs white  , multi coloured up top...... if you ever get bored of doing T's ! Size 9.

Im intrigued why you want the legs left white ?

16 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

He doesn't want anyone confusing him with a duck

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

So you can see how dirty his knees are ?

• Haha 2

Humpty dumpty was colour coordinated ..... tie dyed legs  might be a bit over the top ......

May be I just send you a pair of plain white with a "koha' in the pocket and wait in anticipation ... or maybe I just learn how to do it  myself .   

8 hours ago, jamesc said:

May be I just send you a pair of plain white with a "koha' in the pocket and wait in anticipation ... or maybe I just learn how to do it  myself .   

There is a $20 kit at the warehouse from memory. Kids love doing it. Cage them outside before allowing them near the stuff though, it’s designed to be permanent! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Party up the top,

Business down below.

15 hours ago, jamesc said:

It’s really easy to do it yourself.

my first project was my beesuit ages ago and it turned out really good, fades real quick in the sun tho.

I used Rit dye for this one, I use the kits from the warehouse for multi coloured stuff but probably better to use Rit dye for a beesuit because of the thickness of the fabric, it really needs to be drowned not just sprayed with colour or it can’t get deep enough into the fabric and you’ll get a heap of white in the centre of your scrunched up bits

F898A740-F49F-4A58-83D0-1A4A404650AC.thumb.jpeg.9abb158990a47ac5cfdaed635289ee45.jpeg

036A9AC2-2615-471A-B7DE-465AA4F34145.thumb.jpeg.a62c9d0b8ea41cc4fced759e1e0bd330.jpeg

• Like 5

Where does the Rit dye come from?

Well, that was a bit nerve racking. Just been interviewed by television over the too many hives story. There will be lots of umms and arrrs and I have no idea what I said. Hopefully there will be some nice shots of the hive which is a beautiful hive headed by a queen from Frazz which will be one of my main breeders in a couple of weeks.

I was looking at a few facts and figures before the interview and I reckon we now have about 30 billion more bees in New Zealand than we did in 2000.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

ooooooo I do love the purple one Daley!!!!

3 hours ago, john berry said:

Well, that was a bit nerve racking. Just been interviewed by television over the too many hives story. There will be lots of umms and arrrs and I have no idea what I said. Hopefully there will be some nice shots of the hive which is a beautiful hive headed by a queen from Frazz which will be one of my main breeders in a couple of weeks.

I was looking at a few facts and figures before the interview and I reckon we now have about 30 billion more bees in New Zealand than we did in 2000.

What show was interviewing you?

@john berry, I’ll look forward to the interview. The Herald article

is good and that photo of you is so excellent. 

• Agree 3

Will definitely be watching for you on tele ? it is nerve wracking having a camera in your face and being put on the spot!

You always do better than you think you did though ?

I'll probably sound like a gibbering idiot, broken by the corporate's.