Jump to content
Beeman1

Marketing honey

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Alastair said:

 

I agree with you this is the case, sometimes. 

 

But it is not always the case. Think Rhino horn, bear bile, tiger bones. All of those products have near zero health benefits, but have been highly valued for thousands of years.

 

Spin can work. It has to be spun correctly though. ?

None of those you mention are global. They are regional and culturally specific. Very different. I specifically referenced mainstream pharmacy chains.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a update as to where we are at 

Shipment  to USA  clover,honeydew, manuka 

Interest in Germany  40 ton honey 

Local market going great 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet... just punched thrpugh the 100tonne mark ... still all looking for a home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's probably a record take for a hobby beek @jamesc.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sailabee said:

That's probably a record take for a hobby beek @jamesc.

Well there ya go .... it's amazing what a lot of hard work, attention to detail  and luck can achieve !

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jamesc said:

Well there ya go .... it's amazing what a lot of hard work, attention to detail  and luck can achieve !

I must say, I have read your posts very thoroughly and feel that I have failed to appreciate that I need to approach  beekeeping more as a sport and get my diet right. @jamesc do you think that if I sacrificed my rose in summer and Cab Sav/Merlot in winter and switched to Speights Lager in summer and Speights Ale in winter I may have cracked you impressive system?

But not forgetting the obligatory Guiness on March 17.

Edited by Sailabee
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sailabee said:

I must say, I have read your posts very thoroughly and feel that I have failed to appreciate that I need to approach  beekeeping more as a sport and get my diet right. @jamesc do you think that if I sacrificed my rose in summer and Cab Sav/Merlot in winter and switched to Speights Lager in summer and Speights Ale in winter I may have cracked you impressive system?

But not forgetting the obligatory Guiness on March 17.

Ha ..... For goodness sake man (  am assuming gender here , sorry if I got it wrong ) under no circumstance forgo the Rose in summer or the CabSav/merlot. You are what you drink  ..... a sophisticated wino.

Us peasants drink beer out of 750ml bottles and celebrate crate day with enthusiastic gusto. When we mix our 750's with a lesser sized Craft beer it all turns to custard we end up with a hell of a headache .... but tough the day out after a breakie of another 750. 

Most of the Wino"s I know opt for a  far more civilised cooked breakfast and cup of Earl Grey. They then take a snooze.

 

But most of all, Wino or Peasant .... enjoy the day , enjoy what you slave at, and if you don't ..... it is probably time for a rethink on you lifestyle ..... perhaps a 350ml Summer Ale to get the creative juices flowing.

 

 

  • Good Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad money?

56D6783A-9EDD-4565-B36D-7B5D2CAAA63C.jpeg

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2019 at 11:19 AM, Philbee said:

...................Beeks need to rat out the ticket clippers and take control of their product, this is the only way forward

 

This is what I am talking about for years.

Now we have MPI and all the bells and whistles so why not build an internet based marketing where everybody can sell their products as long as they comply with the rules. And I am not talking only beekeeping.

Obviously I am not talking about rules that require million dollar investment - building, equipment ........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jamesc said:

Not bad money?

56D6783A-9EDD-4565-B36D-7B5D2CAAA63C.jpeg

Very humorous! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kiwi Bee said:

 

This is what I am talking about for years.

Now we have MPI and all the bells and whistles so why not build an internet based marketing where everybody can sell their products as long as they comply with the rules. And I am not talking only beekeeping.

Obviously I am not talking about rules that require million dollar investment - building, equipment ........

Brilliant idea - Give it a go. 

Just remind me how you will get all this traffic to your website? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

Brilliant idea - Give it a go. 

Just remind me how you will get all this traffic to your website? 

By using an IT professional to promote the website in search engines, just like everything else I would think. Lets face it, anyone in business, or has been in business knows the game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailabee said:

By using an IT professional to promote the website in search engines, just like everything else I would think. Lets face it, anyone in business, or has been in business knows the game.

So we are back to marketing again? And what sort of budget will you require to even scratch the surface before you sell your first jar??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adam Boot said:

So we are back to marketing again? And what sort of budget will you require to even scratch the surface before you sell your first jar??

Fortunately, I really, really am a hobbyist, and beekeep for the sheer joy of it, but it bugs me that you keep trying to make marketing look like rocket science. You have pushed your borrow on facebook to the point of total crassness. 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sailabee said:

 You have pushed your borrow on facebook to the point of total crassness. 

@Sailabee this is not facebook. Irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yesbut said:

@Sailabee this is not facebook. Irrelevant.

It is relevant when it is used as a marketing tool - in Auck, there are companies running courses in exactly how to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

Very humorous! 

I like it

However it would be better business to sell more a a lower price.

120 bucks is self defeating

45-$50 might gain some traction

So many people are in for the big hit when the future is about value for money

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give the man  a jar of honey and you feed him for a day.

Teach a man to make honey and he will dumped thousands of hives on top of you.

Teach a man to market honey and he will charge you for the privilege.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, john berry said:

Give the man  a jar of honey and you feed him for a day.

Teach a man to make honey and he will dumped thousands of hives on top of you.

Teach a man to market honey and he will charge you for the privilege.

So funny. 

 

3 hours ago, Sailabee said:

Fortunately, I really, really am a hobbyist, and beekeep for the sheer joy of it, but it bugs me that you keep trying to make marketing look like rocket science. You have pushed your borrow on facebook to the point of total crassness. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sailabee said:

Fortunately, I really, really am a hobbyist, and beekeep for the sheer joy of it, but it bugs me that you keep trying to make marketing look like rocket science. You have pushed your borrow on facebook to the point of total crassness. 

I am not a hobbyist. I do this for a living. I also very much enjoy it. 

I have never said Marketing is rocket science. Why put words in my mouth? 

However to do it cost effectively, efficiently and to achieve desired measurable results across multiple channels in multiple markets requires a little know how. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK....

 

This morning I have my shiny suit and dirty boots on .

 

I have been talking marketing with some New Friends in publishing, and the kick off is a full page ad plus editorial in a respected Foodie publication that has a circulation of  many millions.

 

The catch is it all costs money, of which I don't have a great deal at this time of the decade. So, being a public spirited person I am looking for Investors to join me in this journey. A unique opportunity to get the ball rolling and move a honey mountain.

I for one will be going to the Ceracell Roadie, but in the meantime ..... we need 10k to start shouting about our product ..... 

 

So, whose up for another adventure ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/03/2019 at 2:56 PM, Philbee said:

I like it

However it would be better business to sell more a a lower price.

120 bucks is self defeating

45-$50 might gain some traction

So many people are in for the big hit when the future is about value for money

I agree.

A stable financial future for honey is assured when it is a kitchen staple not a  trendy over priced health product for a very fickle market .

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jamesc said:

I have been talking marketing with some New Friends in publishing, and the kick off is a full page ad plus editorial in a respected Foodie publication that has a circulation of  many millions.

Good initiative and I wish you well with it and hope you get support.

I hope you have insisted on the right to approve the text of the editorial and/or where in the publication your Ad appears. You don't need it to be placed in an edition that is also endorsing the anti-sugar sentiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rob's BP what is your view/analysis of the manuka honey market at present?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesc said:

OK....

 

This morning I have my shiny suit and dirty boots on .

 

I have been talking marketing with some New Friends in publishing, and the kick off is a full page ad plus editorial in a respected Foodie publication that has a circulation of  many millions.

 

The catch is it all costs money, of which I don't have a great deal at this time of the decade. So, being a public spirited person I am looking for Investors to join me in this journey. A unique opportunity to get the ball rolling and move a honey mountain.

I for one will be going to the Ceracell Roadie, but in the meantime ..... we need 10k to start shouting about our product ..... 

 

So, whose up for another adventure ?

 

What's the gist? What does 10K do?  And what is the marketing selling? 

Mr Clow is giving things a nudge. Which is great also.  Great way to blend Ceracell and beekeepers together.   

The big difference I feel between Cera and Ecr-   Cera feels more family (if that's the right word) and Ecr has become more coporate.  I buy from both, though tend to gravitate towards Ecr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...