Boot

Honey Price Collapse

52 minutes ago, Philbee said:

The disturbance in the force is being caused by this attempt to take and the fight to resist.

It being caused by Trump and his ability to piss off every world leader, both friend or foe.

He had mistaken American first for America only.  The combined force of the world is more powerful than America by itself. 

You and I could debate this forever ??  i am enjoying it..not sure about everyone else ??

You may be right..however i have history on my side.  The nineteenth century saw a range if life changing events and problem yet look how the world prospered.  There will be bumps but overall the world will keep truckin along. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, jamesc said:

Well anyway.... here we are at  the srcret spot to add boxes....

and did a deal on the accomadation woth a contra of honey for liquid medicine amd s bed

good trade

i was shocked at what people pay for hpney!

E5D7A23A-2DE6-4AEC-9C56-A7962D9E43B4.jpeg

Anyone checked out the image's geotags? ??

Just now, Rob's BP said:

Anyone checked out the image's geotags? ??

JamesC is several steps ahead of you ?

On 10/12/2018 at 12:08 PM, yesbut said:

Why not hedge your bets and produce for your new market from someone else's honey ? Save yourself a power of work...

We may well get to that Yesbut but I gotta walk before I run. 

On 10/12/2018 at 7:16 PM, Philbee said:

1987 was definitely a bad year

Lost money in share market as well.

Ha I made $50 from the share market collapse..... the jokey I was shepherding for didn't believe me the DOW had dropped so much, I bet him the $50...... poor ###### not only lost the $50

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2018 at 9:01 AM, Philbee said:

A Chinese court has just banned all Apple I phones from sale in China

What does banning iPhone's  have to do with honey sales

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

We may well get to that Yesbut but I gotta walk before I run. 

Actually I like the ability to be able to tell the full story from producing the honey, to the journey to reach the next product and then to be able to show the tree the bee collected the honey from, well the general area at least. 

Plus I know exactly what has gone into the beehive and the extraction process. 

We are running a full organic operation thanks to the gib tape strips and BVP powder, and I believe that the market has headed in this direction. People want to know where their food is coming from and having a genuine back story may well be key. 

Besides I like keeping bees. 

But Yesbut if we get to a stage of needing more than we can produce it just a matter of working with other keepers to produce the product we need. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay said:

What does banning iPhone's  have to do with honey sales

Before I answer that I'll add that Canada is considering putting out a notification of travel risk to Canadians traveling to China.
Stop and think about that for a moment.

The I phone ban is in retaliation to the detention of a Chinese National  in Canada at the request of the US via a security  Treaty that the Canadians have with the Americans.
This Chinese national is suspected of criminal acts against the US and is required to stand trial for those acts.
The Chinese communist party is demanding her immediate release and does not accept that Canada is bound by the rule of law to follow due process 
That process includes handing this National over to the US if the US can demonstrate the legal requirement for the Canadians to do so.
 Whats more, the whole process is largely outside the jurisdiction of the political process as in modern Democracies  politics and the judiciary are and must be completely separate.

Up until now in this dispute the Chinese position can be interpreted that they have little or no regard for the West's rule of Law and will likely continue to apply what could be considered Bar room Politics or Economics to geopolitical matters.

This will likely escalate the Trade War between China and the US which will affect Consumers in both countries,  possibly causing many losing their jobs.

Both economies might shrink significantly directly affecting Consumer spending and Trade 

9 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Before I answer that I'll add that Canada is considering putting out a notification of travel risk to Canadians traveling to China.
Stop and think about that for a moment.

The I phone ban is in retaliation to the detention of a Chinese National  in Canada at the request of the US via a security  Treaty that the Canadians have with the Americans.
This Chinese national is suspected of criminal acts against the US and is required to stand trial for those acts.
The Chinese communist party is demanding her immediate release and does not accept that Canada is bound by the rule of law to follow due process 
That process includes handing this National over to the US if the US can demonstrate the legal requirement for the Canadians to do so.
 Whats more, the whole process is largely outside the jurisdiction of the political process as in modern Democracies  politics and the judiciary are and must be completely separate.

Up until now in this dispute the Chinese position can be interpreted that they have little or no regard for the West's rule of Law and will likely continue to apply what could be considered Bar room Politics or Economics to geopolitical matters.

This will likely escalate the Trade War between China and the US which will affect Consumers in both countries,  possibly causing many losing their jobs.

Both economies might shrink significantly directly affecting Consumer spending and Trade 

The arrest of the Chinese National and subsequent ban of I phone sales can be viewed as Escalations in the Trade War.
There comes a point where matters can escalate exponentially  

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

The arrest of the Chinese National and subsequent ban of I phone sales can be viewed as Escalations in the Trade War.
There comes a point where matters can escalate exponentially  

There may be more short term problems/decline, but in two years when they get rid of that disgrace in the White House, a more normal diplomacy will resume.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CraBee said:

There may be more short term problems/decline, but in two years when they get rid of that disgrace in the White House, a more normal diplomacy will resume.

The issues go much, much deeper than Trump.
In fact Trump just happens to be the poor soul holding the Baby.

Whether people believe that or not is totally irrelevant

At the heart of the issue is a developing Cold type War and that was going to happen no matter who the POTUS is.
The situation right now is without modern precedent and it is really important that we realize this.

We cannot change this but we can prepare for the worst should it eventuate.

This is why I advocated for a delay in the ApiNZ / Commodity levy Vote.

Its also important to understand that diplomacy often just defers problems and a point comes when the share volume of these deferred problems exceeds the systems capacity to contain them.

Edited by Philbee

I think you have too much spare time sitting on your chuff waiting for the next tape machine hiccup.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, yesbut said:

I think you have too much spare time sitting on your chuff waiting for the next tape machine hiccup.

Over time Ive come to realize the value of diverse opinion and the right of each of us to express it.

Id would respectfully suggest that you never take that right for granted Pink Cat

Edited by Philbee
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, CraBee said:

Do you think he will go quietly ? 

On 7/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, Philbee said:

We should be growing this stuff

I grow heaps and it self seeds, and last year I had three crops of it over the summer... the bees adore it. So mine is Phacelia/clover mix

• Like 3

On 7/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, jamesc said:

Not sure how this will go....10k up the end of a dirt road.... might be a bit of fun though!

133771D8-B4E3-48D8-A052-60F34A0E204C.jpeg

Its certainly getting around on facebook... i have seen it on three of my friends feeds already

• Like 1

@jamesc  I guess someone has pointed out "nector" should be "nectAr " ...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, yesbut said:

1 hour ago, yesbut said:

oops ..... uh huh ..... we fixed that ......

9 hours ago, flash4cash said:

What is this? 

We call it “bee speed”.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Oma said:

Its an easy plant to have around, pulls out with no big root system, no thorns, doesn’t take over the garden, smells nice, bees all over it morning till night, needs a bit of sun, and if you brush it against the skin you can end up with an itchy reaction but it doesn’t last long when  rinsed off with water.

Looks great, some advice would be really appreciated. I’ve read that it needs light to germinate and to just mix the seed with sand if you’re hand sowing, and takes about 6-7 weeks to flower. Does that sound right to you?

21 minutes ago, DeeGeeBee said:

Looks great, some advice would be really appreciated. I’ve read that it needs light to germinate and to just mix the seed with sand if you’re hand sowing, and takes about 6-7 weeks to flower. Does that sound right to you?

It does best in loose rich soil.

I do not mix seed with sand .

It is reasonably big seed . Not like poppy seed . Maybe like mustard . Easy to throw widely .

• Good Info 1