Adam Boot

Honey Price Collapse

4 hours ago, Jay said:

https://beesvitaplus.co.nz

A complete bee food and varroa control. 

"discourages Varroa", apparently. I know how they feel.

But seriously,  what is that even meant to mean?

And it doesn't help their credibility if they can't be bothered to proof read or even use a spell checker.  I can feel @yesbut twitching from here.

image.png.b367344e7de69c36de4656ae4d37748a.png

Edited by DeeGeeBee
additional grumbling, with evidence.
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DeeGeeBee said:

"discourages Varroa", apparently. I know how they feel.

But seriously,  what is that even meant to mean?

And it doesn't help their credibility if they can't be bothered to proof read or even use a spell checker.  I can feel @yesbut twitching from here.

image.png.b367344e7de69c36de4656ae4d37748a.png

There is Thymol in the mix I believe.

• Good Info 1

On 10/12/2018 at 12:45 PM, flash4cash said:

Great stuff @frazzledfozzle .   It is interesting that they are now collecting export data on which honey type since june 2018.  The other interesting thing is USA is a far bigger buyer than China

Remember there is Manuka moving off shore that is deliberately not recorded as Manuka. Just as honey. This is done to avoid the MPI Manuka Honey science definition. Manuka is moved of shore in unlabelled jars to avoid labelling laws as well. Then we wonder why the Government refers to the industry as cowboys!

On 9/12/2018 at 9:52 PM, jamesc said:

AS you will appreciate Adam .... this is a highly structured release so just a little info at a time to pique your appetite !

Pole dancers ..... hmm  ......  honey promoting lead in the pencil ......   

How's Puriti going ? 

PURITI is above target in all aspects. Sales and sales growth. On average 7-10 new stores (pharmacy, health etc) per week choose to stock PURITI just in NZ. Sell through is above target as is international distribution deals. Can't complain. 

We will launch another new brand in January. This will complement the offering. 

Edited by Adam Boot
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

PURITI is above target in all aspects. Sales and sales growth. On average 7-10 new stores (pharmacy, health etc) per week choose to stock PURITI just in NZ. Sell through is above target as is international distribution deals. Can't complain. 

is kanuka worth more than other bush honeys. ?

5 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

is kanuka worth more than other bush honeys. ?

Yes - depending on the chemical markers

Just now, Adam Boot said:

does it have some medicinal properties.

theres lots in our area and its flowering well and i wondered why the local beeks were excited about that.

4 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

PURITI is above target in all aspects

Ah but Adam, is Puriti Honey produced from Hives that are, shall we say, superior in all aspects of Bee Health, Hygiene  and Sustainability.:3_grin: 

Edited by Philbee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

Can you enlarge on this please....is the implication that if it shares some of Manuka's markers then it's worth more ?

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

Ah but Adam, is Puriti Honey produced from Hives that are, shall we say, superior in all aspects of Bee Health, Hygiene  and Sustainability.:3_grin: 

It is not really an 'ha but' question. Simple fact is we demand higher standards of purity for our honey. We do not compromise and invest in testing to support this. I would like to think that most beekeeping in New Zealand is Superior in bee health, hygiene and sustainability. We are very selective when sourcing Manuka Honey for the PURITI brand as it has to exceed the MPI definition by a higher pass mark than all other brands. Obviously we then test to ensure glyphosate free. If our higher standards encourage a further lift in bee health, hygiene and sustainability then this is of course an additional bonus and something we encourage. 

16 minutes ago, Adam Boot said:

It is not really an 'ha but' question. Simple fact is we demand higher standards of purity for our honey. We do not compromise and invest in testing to support this. I would like to think that most beekeeping in New Zealand is Superior in bee health, hygiene and sustainability. We are very selective when sourcing Manuka Honey for the PURITI brand as it has to exceed the MPI definition by a higher pass mark than all other brands. Obviously we then test to ensure glyphosate free. If our higher standards encourage a further lift in bee health, hygiene and sustainability then this is of course an additional bonus and something we encourage. 

Lol 
Simple answer is that you cant really answer the question because there is no way you can know.
The question was a bit of fun thats all.
Fact is its highly unlikely that you have this base covered and its a question you will be asked with more and more.

@Adam Boot I deal with a few Beeks who are focusing on this supply line QA.
One of them is going so far as to use organic thread in his Staples

7 hours ago, Adam Boot said:

Sounds good. You will be looking for raw material to keep up with demand!

we started moving our honey mountain today. Sales were up on last year, demand strong.... the only comment being we neede to epand the car parking facilities.

The most interesting thing was that sales of dew outstripped Rata sales.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jamesc said:

The most interesting thing was that sales of dew outstripped Rata sales.

I suspect even flax is better than rata

Taste is a very personal thing but dew does have other uses , things like euthanising horses and special rendition.

• Haha 5

Aah ... you guys are Philistines and have no appreciation of the true Nectar.  I think I need to send y'all a Christmas care package.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Philbee said:

And where I Puriti coming from, as i hear on the Grapevine that Midlands is not buying honey this year ....?

1 hour ago, yesbut said:

I suspect even flax is better than r ata

Is that what you think of the rata i Left you .:6_smile:

25 minutes ago, jamesc said:

And where I Puriti coming from, as i hear on the Grapevine that Midlands is not buying honey this year ....?

Does this mean that they are only processing and selling their own,
Interesting indeed.

Ive heard the same of Revolutionary, with regard one supplier at least

Edited by Philbee