I have just had a go at filling in my AP 14 form for the Ministry of Primary Industries. The only light relief in this form is a bit near the end where they asked me if I have read and understood the form. I can read it but understanding it is a different matter. I definitely don't understand why we have to fill in the stupid thing. The law hasn't changed but MPI's interpretation of it has. It's supposed to be something to do with the exports but were not supposed to have to do things that don't have equivalent legislation in importing countries. I don't mind that much having to fork out the money for a piece of complete nonsense but I do wish they'd just send me a form that I can tick once to say that everything is the same as last year or at least they could send me a copy of last year's form so I could copy it out. The only thing I can remember from last year is that filling out this form gives everybody and his dog access to my private details leading to a rush of unwonted beekeeping spam.
Does anyone remember what you have to do to opt out of having your personal details splashed across cyberspace.
There is nothing on the form that they can't get from a harvest declaration except perhaps for criminal convictions and I'll guarantee that even if I had them nothing would be done to stop me selling honey. The whole thing of the load of bumf and should have been firmly squashed by apiculture New Zealand.
Sorry for the rant but I hate unnecessary paperwork.
PS if you have honey extracted by anybody you better get your AP 14 filled in as well.

• Like 1

I seem to have doubled up. Could someone please remove one. Thank you

Edited by john berry
spelling

I simply put the word "Private" in the box with the info. It's worked so far! 

1 hour ago, john berry said:

wish they'd just send me a form that I can tick once to say that everything is the same as last year or at least they could send me a copy of last year's form so I could copy it out.

You'd be doing someone out of a job if they did that .

On 1/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, john berry said:

I seem to have doubled up. Could someone please remove one. Thank you

Write private where is asks for your details. 

I also wrote “keep details private” in several other places... the pesting from web scum has almost completely ceased after 12 months. 

• Agree 1