Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lynne Brunton

Buying brood

Guest Lynne Brunton
Hi there,

My name is Lynne and I have a tiny swarm that I've just re-queened. I'm worried that as they have very little comb, hardly any bees etc - they might not survive :( I'm looking for some brood in a top bar style frame if at all possible. I'f that's not available, I'd definitely take brood in a common Langstroth frame.

If anyone knows anyone that might sell me some, I'd really appreciate it. I live in Picton but would travel for them.

Many thanks!
Lynne

Are you feeding them ?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Guest Lynne Brunton said:
Hi there,

My name is Lynne and I have a tiny swarm that I've just re-queened. I'm worried that as they have very little comb, hardly any bees etc - they might not survive :( I'm looking for some brood in a top bar style frame if at all possible. I'f that's not available, I'd definitely take brood in a common Langstroth frame.

If anyone knows anyone that might sell me some, I'd really appreciate it. I live in Picton but would travel for them.

Many thanks!
Lynne

@kevin moore

hi Lynne, have you got brood yet ? if not i sure i can find some,

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay. I’m feeding them but  I haven’t got any brood yet. It would be great to find some if you can. What’s the best way of keeping in contact?

Thanks

Lynne

@Lynne Brunton Is the Q laying ?  Are there enough bees to cover more brood ? 

Hi,

I'll be checking that the queen is laying tomorrow (away today). Good question about enough bees to cover more brood - I'm not sure that there is. Is that a big problem?

L

On 1/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, Lynne Brunton said:

What’s the best way of keeping in contact?

By registering on the community.