GoED

Pollen Colour Chart

Posted (edited)

Quick Update: All the colours are in on all 4 quadrants...finding enough Winter and Autumn pollens slowed things down. The Paper trail is a doorstop now. So its become obvious i need to put it all into a database. This first chart is a draft its a funny mix of whatever i could find world wide, so its NZ, AU, EU, dominated in plant origins. So I’m collating at least 1500 plant pollen types and colours, with whatever quality and quantity information I have found. Now that is something that will be a bit easier to share with you. Some information is unverified and the authorship is not declared, and some is peer reviewed and has been collated using standard scientific method, there will be a bibliography with the database. Hopefully people here can then use that original to improve and customise for localities.

The chart image will be available for enjoyment. I think the next iteration may have to be a series of 12 separate large charts. What a strange way to have fun. But it’s fun. 

Edited by GoED
  • Like 7

This will be exciting to see and useful!  Im guessing we have our own artwork profile pictures in common, pencils are my only ability :)

Yes coloured pencil is great to use! The water colour ones are softer and blend and build up nicely, no need for water. I’m with you on that, I tend to do my botanical drawings in coloured pencil too. My profile picture was a first and last attempt at digital drawing😂 I have hurt my MC ligament hefting raised gardens and soil around the back of house so I will be forced back to doing the database -a good thing. Not keen on doing the necessary boring bits. Hurumph.

• Like 1