Corban Borrie

Commercial approaches to the flow?

20 hours ago, Corban Borrie said:

@jamesc very insighful answer and I thank you for the response.

No worries .....  

Edited by tommy dave
thought better of it
  • Thanks 1

I was on the board of the San Diego Beekeeping Society for six years and owned a hobbyist Beekeeping Supply Store beecrazysandiego.com.  I met with Stuart Anderson last year (Flow Hive inventor) who told me Varroa hadn't made it to Australia.  When did it make it to New Zealand?   I'm sorry to hear about it.  

Natural methods such as genetic selection, minor box modifications & monitoring methods are now popular in the US and Canada for hobbyist.  I don't know much about the regiments that are done commercially.

I will be in NZ this Summer with my husband (to complete the thread issues) ?    Any ideas about meeting up with a fellow beek while I'm there?

Varroa was first found here around the year 2000, but gauging by how much it was already spread, it is thought to have already been here 2 or 3 years before anyone figured it out.

You are coming here your summer or our summer? To complete thread issues? What does that mean?

3 hours ago, Bee Crazy said:

Natural methods such as genetic selection, minor box modifications & monitoring methods are now popular in the US

Do these methods effectively control Varroa?