Hawkes Bay beekeepers - 4WD training

HB beekeepers and those nearby!

im looking at doing some four wheel drive training.  Have two course options locally, both with some theoretical elements and then with a lot of practical.  I'm sure we all think we're experts already, but I'm looking at this as a chance to maybe pick up a few useful things I don't know and maybe fix some bad habits.

courses run over two days and approx cost around $500. Supply own vehicle. Cover such topics as slopes, carrying weight, river crossings, recovery methods etc

For the courses to run they need about 8 participants - of which I am but one. So I can either wait for them to get a group that has an opening for me or I can see whether I can put a group of 8 together.

two options as below:

http://www.hillseekers4wd.co.nz/

or

https://www.masterdrive.co.nz/driver-training/rural-4wd/

We could either try and squeeze one in before Xmas or do it early next year. Reply here or pm me if you're interested.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea Pinnacle. Been 4WD'ing since I was a lad, thought I knew it all, and used to snigger at these 4WD'ing clubs with all their rules and regulations. (and city folks)   That's until I

pinnacle well worth doing, we ran some here in the bop learned heaps. the biggest thing i got from it is bees have wings so don't be stupid.

Hi @KiwiKevin I didn't get much interest then got a call out of the blue from Mark at hillseekers and he fit me in with another group a couple weeks back. It was a fantastic day I thoroughly recommend

Good idea Pinnacle. Been 4WD'ing since I was a lad, thought I knew it all, and used to snigger at these 4WD'ing clubs with all their rules and regulations. (and city folks)

That's until I watched some professionally done training videos from Australia. Found out some of my own practises were unsafe. For example they showed footage of a vehicle being snatched out using a snatch strap onto a towball, the towball broke off and was fired into the other vehicle hit the driver and killed him, there are several deaths every year around the world by exactly that, for snatching always use a shackle. 

Stuff like that. Never really going to figure it unless you do a training.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...