Jump to content
linshilohhoney

new at queen rearing

Recommended Posts

hi, i'm new to queen rearing, and have a question.  i have on my 3rd attempt, managed to get 12 queen cells from 17, of which is good, esp for a new grafter. my question is this according to the hambly queen dial the queen cells should fully capped on day 9, which is tomorrow by my notes.. is it normal for them to be capped a day early, considering that we have had some warm weather recently, or were the larave older than i thought? thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, linshilohhoney said:

hi, i'm new to queen rearing, and have a question.  i have on my 3rd attempt, managed to get 12 queen cells from 17, of which is good, esp for a new grafter. my question is this according to the hambly queen dial the queen cells should fully capped on day 9, which is tomorrow by my notes.. is it normal for them to be capped a day early, considering that we have had some warm weather recently, or were the larave older than i thought? thanks

 

Yep.  You grafted with some larvae that were too old.  Just be mindful that those early capped cells will also emerge a day early.

 

Edited by Trevor Gillbanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Yep.  You grafted with some larvae that were too old.  Just be mindful that those early capped cells will also emerge a day early.

 

was   were Trev, were.

Edited by Trevor Gillbanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yesbut said:

was   were Trev, were.

Thanks.  Fixed.

Sometimes my fingers cannot keep up with what I am thinking.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can also, hatch, mate, lay on different days from guides depending on temperature in the hive, bee numbers etc, Trev sort your fingers out ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Diane said:

They can also, hatch, mate, lay on different days from guides depending on temperature in the hive, bee numbers etc, Trev sort your fingers out ?

Tech should be designed for our fingers.

Redesigning our hands is above most peoples pay grade .

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

Tech should be designed for our fingers.

Redesigning our hands is above most peoples pay grade .

You are so right.  I have been downgraded since they put nails in my feet and hands.  Not to mention also the sword thingy.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 8:34 PM, Trevor Gillbanks said:

Thanks.  Fixed.

Sometimes my fingers cannot keep up with what I am thinking.

im getting the other way where my thinking cant keep up with my fi

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dennis Crowley said:

im getting the other way where my thinking cant keep up with my fi

There are many days when I have that problem.  That is usually when my mouth goes into overdrive.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on getting so making grafts to take - and only on your third attepmt. Well done ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×