Honey firm hits sweet spot at business awards

"The TSB Taranaki Chamber of Commerce Business Awards, held at the TSB Stadium on Saturday, October 27

Supreme Award: Winner, Egmont Honey."

"The judges were very impressed with Egmont Honey. "In the short space of time since Egmont Honey was founded it has grown into a significant export business with multiple products and a world-wide customer base," they said in their comments.

"We were also very impressed with the leadership and management of Egmont Honey and the company demonstrates a very high level of commitment to excellence in serving its customers and suppliers for long term mutual benefit." 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/108172765/honey-firm-hits-sweet-spot-at-business-awards

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read thru this thread, walked through the hallway door and threw up .  

I think you mean "through".  

these guys must be really onto it . in 4 yrs i have grown to 4 hives.

1 hour ago, Borage said:

"The TSB Taranaki Chamber of Commerce Business Awards, held at the TSB Stadium on Saturday, October 27

Supreme Award: Winner, Egmont Honey."

"The judges were very impressed with Egmont Honey. "In the short space of time since Egmont Honey was founded it has grown into a significant export business with multiple products and a world-wide customer base," they said in their comments.

"We were also very impressed with the leadership and management of Egmont Honey and the company demonstrates a very high level of commitment to excellence in serving its customers and suppliers for long term mutual benefit." 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/108172765/honey-firm-hits-sweet-spot-at-business-awards

these guys must be really onto it .

in 4 yrs i have grown to 4 hives.

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

in 4 yrs i have grown to 4 hives.

I am not sure where you saw this.

I saw

Five years ago James Annabell gave his father Toby a beehive he'd bought on Trade Me as a Christmas present.

"A month later we bought 100 more hives and today we have 4000," he said.

So in 1 month he went from 1 hive to 100 hives, and now to 4000 in 5 years.  Impressive

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

I am not sure where you saw this.

I saw

Five years ago James Annabell gave his father Toby a beehive he'd bought on Trade Me as a Christmas present.

"A month later we bought 100 more hives and today we have 4000," he said.

So in 1 month he went from 1 hive to 100 hives, and now to 4000 in 5 years.  Impressive

I meant I have grown from 1 to 4 hives .

I was imagining to effort to grow to 4000 

Where are we disagreeing ? 

Just now, Sailabee said:

Yep. Age related condition I think. We were brainwashed to think that poor grammar/spelling indicated the end of the known world. 

Not age related in my case. Poor communication skills cause wars.

• Agree 1
34 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

You may be correct. Oh the joys of the English language

I prefer your version . 

It is a much more logical .

If you read some old english text and you see how spelling and grammer has changed through the ages it is ridiculous to be pedantic about the correctness of modern english .

5 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

I prefer your version . 

It is a much more logical .

If you read some old english text and you see how spelling and grammer has changed through the ages it is ridiculous to be pedantic about the correctness of modern english .

Languages change. Which is why I don't bridle anymore at confusion between "less" and "fewer" 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, yesbut said:

Languages change. Which is why I don't bridle anymore at confusion between "less" and "fewer" 

What is your definition of Thru and Through.

I thought "Thru" was when you intend something but not physical. ie. Not thru lack of trying is not a physical event.

"Through" was when you do something physical.  ie I passed through the door.

16 minutes ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

What is your definition of Thru and Through.

I thought "Thru" was when you intend something but not physical. ie. Not thru lack of trying is not a physical event.

"Through" was when you do something physical.  ie I passed through the door.

Through is English.

Thru is informal American.

Same meaning however.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
On 4/11/2018 at 8:54 PM, olbe said:

I read thru this thread, walked through the hallway door and threw up .

If you’re referring to US v English spelling - I take it you subscribe to the Queen’s English rather than the President’s tweets?