Jeroen Smit

visit Dutchman wants to visit beekeepers in New Zealand

Hello Everybody,

I am an enthusiastic beekeeper in the Netherlands visiting your beautiful country next summer in December, January en February. I am a small time enthusiast with three hives in a pet zoo also for educational purposes. But not only. We harvested about 50 kilograms of honey from two hives this year and that was exceptional much in spite of the warmest and driest summer ever in the Netherlands. This was the richest harvest in my 7 years’ experience.

At first I’ll travel the North and South Island with a friend for a month, starting in Auckland and finishing in Christchurch. So I still have two more months to roam around all by myself and I am interested in beekeeping in New Zealand, commercially and non-commercially.  How is it not only in theory but also in daily life practice being a beekeeper in New Zealand?

Who may I visit in January or February 2019? Please let me know and send me a message. Thanks.

Jeroen Smit

Apeldoorn, Netherlands

• Like 3

On 26/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, Jeroen Smit said:

Hello Everybody,

I am an enthusiastic beekeeper in the Netherlands visiting your beautiful country next summer in December, January en February. I am a small time enthusiast with three hives in a pet zoo also for educational purposes. But not only. We harvested about 50 kilograms of honey from two hives this year and that was exceptional much in spite of the warmest and driest summer ever in the Netherlands. This was the richest harvest in my 7 years’ experience.

At first I’ll travel the North and South Island with a friend for a month, starting in Auckland and finishing in Christchurch. So I still have two more months to roam around all by myself and I am interested in beekeeping in New Zealand, commercially and non-commercially.  How is it not only in theory but also in daily life practice being a beekeeper in New Zealand?

Who may I visit in January or February 2019? Please let me know and send me a message. Thanks.

Jeroen Smit

Apeldoorn, Netherlands

Hello Pinnacle, Mark K and Mummzie , thanks for the "Likes".

I'm just wondering (being outright New/Rookie/Novice here) if I missed any of your posts? Or does this mean that you want to get in touch? And than: How?

Cheers

Jeroen

On 27/10/2018 at 2:52 AM, Jeroen Smit said:

Hello Everybody,

Jeroen Smit

Apeldoorn, Netherlands

I live on an island in the hauraki gulf called Great Barrier  Island. Small commercial operation if you’re keen. Also a dark sky sanctuary. 

Edited by nikki watts
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, nikki watts said:

I live on an island in the hauraki gulf called Great Barrier  Island. Small commercial operation if you’re keen. Also a dark sky sanctuary. 

Geez I’d be keen if we ever make it to the North Island  :) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jeroen Smit said:

does this mean that you want to get in touch? And than: How?

That is the problem....

To get private direct communication via this open forum means either both parties paying a subscription or putting contact details in the member profile.

30 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

Geez I’d be keen if we ever make it to the North Island  :) 

Love to have you come visit 

11 hours ago, nikki watts said:

Love to have you come visit 

Have put it on my bucket list :) 

• Like 1

Hi you are more than welcome to come out home look up kirwee bees on Facebook

3 hours ago, glynn said:

19 hours ago, Jeroen Smit said:

Hello Pinnacle, Mark K and Mummzie , thanks for the "Likes".

I'm just wondering (being outright New/Rookie/Novice here) if I missed any of your posts? Or does this mean that you want to get in touch? And than: How?

Cheers

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen, happy to show you around, check out Harington Point Honey on Facebook.  

• Like 1

Dear New Zealand bee friends Nikki, Mummzie, Glynn and Mark

Thanks so much for your swift answer to my request on the website New Zealand bees.
@ Nikki: I hope your comment at  frazzledfozzle (“Love to have you come visit”) also applies to me.
@ Mummzie: Thanks for your tip ("…or putting contact details in the member profile.") and so I did. I am not sure if everybody may be able to read it so I’ll try to put it in my post too.
@ Glynn: I found your e-mail on Facebook so I will contact you soon.
@ Mark K: I will try to become friends on Facebook with you and carry on the conversation from there. (did not succeed so far, for some reason Facebook denies me that. )

My name ( Jeroen Smit) is pretty generic in the Netherlands but this is my face on my Facebook page

Hope to hear from you soon !  Jeroen

jeroen-fa-book.jpg.1fede7eb30d03494a500fae2b121057a.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 30 October 2018 at 8:01 PM, glynn said:

So I did and would like to visit you and see how you work/practices to compare to my Dutch experience. 

If interested please answer me though my private email you will find in my profile. 

Thanks!

J.  

Hi There, if you are in Dunedin you are welcome to visit my husband and my hive. I am not sure the best way to arrange it but perhaps you could private message me somewhere on here? We are new to Beekeeping too but are attempting to learn fast. :)

1 hour ago, Beesareverynice said:

Hi There, if you are in Dunedin you are welcome to visit my husband and my hive. I am not sure the best way to arrange it but perhaps you could private message me somewhere on here? We are new to Beekeeping too but are attempting to learn fast. :)

You can't send or receive PMs until you donate to the site.

Hi Jeroen,

First time I see your post here, I don't visit much...  You are welcome to come visit another Dutch beekeeper if you are around Rotorua. Kakahi Bees is on Facebook. I couldn't find you on Facebook :-).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kakahi Bees said:

Hi Jeroen,

First time I see your post here, I don't visit much...  You are welcome to come visit another Dutch beekeeper if you are around Rotorua. Kakahi Bees is on Facebook. I couldn't find you on Facebook :-).

@Kakahi Bees I suggest you email Joroen. His email is in his profile. He has about 2 more weeks in NZ. Good luck.