Jump to content

Extraction in Canterbury


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m here mate.. wanted to give you time to think long and hard before I opened my big mouth. 

10 hours ago, Meerkatt said:

Looking for extraction for 2-3 thousand FD boxes of pasture/clover preferably in Waimakariri or Selwyn this season.

Any recommendations (or antis) welcome.

Cheers 

HMMM ..... Could be tempted Mr meerkat ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'l pass on doing your extracting this year Meerkat. There's no doubt we could make  a dollar on it as it's not rocket science, and the extra dollars would be quite handy  but I think the shed is just gonna not be big enough what with last seasons honey stacked up and another seasons drums likely to get stacked on top of that, not to mention boxes.

Good luck.

What happened to Midlands ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Meerkatt said:

I've been putting off getting an extraction setup for too long... I'm allergic to bureaucracy 

But the time has come to make it happen, I just need someone to do it one more season

 

We can smash that out for you meerkatt, we are just down the road in Okuku. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Don't seem to be able to give the 42 frame extractor away !

What’s wrong with it? I remember you saying you had one shred itself to bits.. is this it? 

Dont really fancy a full recall on jars containing metal filings ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What’s wrong with it? I remember you saying you had one shred itself to bits.. is this it? 

Dont really fancy a full recall on jars containing metal filings ... 

Nothing wrong with it .... runs sweet as a nut, but we had a few issues with the welding and the makers replaced it with a brand new one but they  have'nt been back to pick up the old one ...... so we'll keep on using the old one as we strengthened it so have a brand new one taking up space . It's as Irish as but .... we also have another really good extractor in the fix it shed . Needs a bit of  love  but has a very expensive electric controller on it that a stainless man with a heart could make good as new. But , life being what it is, it was cheaper to buy a new one than fix the old 'un.

I think we've moved on from metal fillings ..... Glyphosate is the new recall.

Edited by jamesc
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamesc said:

Nothing wrong with it .... runs sweet as a nut, but we had a few issues with the welding and the makers replaced it with a brand new one but have'nt been back to pick up the old one ...... so we'll keep on using the old one as we strengthened it so have a brand new one taking up space . It's as Irish as but ....

Ahh.. to be sure to be sure.. can’t you mount it and run em both? 

We had a 2nd 27 frame spinner hooked up to really get thinks cranking.. got the aircon fitted as well luckily or there may have been a mutiny or two.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Ahh.. to be sure to be sure.. can’t you mount it and run em both? 

We had a 2nd 27 frame spinner hooked up to really get thinks cranking.. got the aircon fitted as well luckily or there may have been a mutiny or two.. 

...Aay for sure Paddy .... I also got another Extractor .... she's a real sweet Pender model that just hums away  and spins out everything from Aphid #### to That crappy old manuka, but I need a team of Leprachauns in the Extracting room to figure out which extractor is doing what , so figure I just stick with two and a have a simple life.

I always wonderd about the aircon. I lije the extracting room hot ..... saves on electricity heating the honey.

Edited by jamesc
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamesc said:

 

I always wonderd about the aircon. I lije the extracting room hot ..... saves on electricity heating the honey.

Set around 22 deg its a dream.. technically it’s a heat pump.  the team of leprechauns were dancin a jig while leaking the night befores Guinness pints into the hair nets.. 

much more pleasant work experience these days. 

We had a working bee last Saturday and poured a big loading pad outside.. no more stuck forklifts loading honey onto trucks. Came up alright too- not bad for beekeeper concrete placers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Set around 22 deg its a dream.. technically it’s a heat pump.  the team of leprechauns were dancin a jig while leaking the night befores Guinness pints into the hair nets.. 

much more pleasant work experience these days. 

We had a working bee last Saturday and poured a big loading pad outside.. no more stuck forklifts loading honey onto trucks. Came up alright too- not bad for beekeeper concrete placers. 

Aay for sure Paddy .... them leprachauns like to dance ...... just keep the lubrication flowing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meerkatt said:

@Stoney I must come by for a chat sometime... Are you JM himself or an employee?

 

Call in anytime.. I work for J as Field Ops Manager 

Doug is our Natural Extractions Ops manager he will be the one to talk to.. 

Feel free to call in for a yarn and a look through the plant. 

I’m in office most mornings hopefully I’m here to put a face to the name. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...