White white mistletoe

I was looking around a QE2 covenanted block of bush near Wairoa when we came across a white white mistletoe (tupeia Antarctica). It was covered in bees collecting copious quantities of pollen. Has anyone else ever seen bees working any of the mistletoes . I have never  had the privilege of seeing some of the red flowered ones flowering in the South Island where they can apparently be quite spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was looking around a QE2 covenanted block of bush near Wairoa when we came across a white white mistletoe (tupeia Antarctica). It was covered in bees collecting copious quantities of pollen. Has any

2 minutes ago, john berry said:

I was looking around a QE2 covenanted block of bush near Wairoa when we came across a white white mistletoe (tupeia Antarctica). It was covered in bees collecting copious quantities of pollen. Has anyone else ever seen bees working any of the mistletoes . I have never  had the privilege of seeing some of the red flowered ones flowering in the South Island where they can apparently be quite spectacular.

I have never seen the red one  here .

But I have inland in the beech forest .

What sort of tree was it on .

• 2 months later...
On 30/09/2018 at 7:22 PM, john berry said:

Can you remember what colour the pollen was in their corbiculae? ?