Jump to content
Markis

Document Frame wiring air tool

Recommended Posts

Whats the best air stapler for wiring frames? I find the small nails are fine but slow I need to speed up as I have lots to do -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A hand stapler works well. I don’t use either hand nails or staples when wiring frames anymore I simply bring the wire around the sidebar and wind the wire back on it self. I’ll get a pic on Sunday to show what I mean.

  • Good Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traditionally carpet tacks sometimes called gimp pins were used and if you can get the right size these are still the best. I have seen stapled frames and I believe you can get the wires a lot tighter using tacks or small nails. The whole idea of wiring frames is to get the wire as tight as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dansar said:

A hand stapler works well. I don’t use either hand nails or staples when wiring frames anymore I simply bring the wire around the sidebar and wind the wire back on it self. I’ll get a pic on Sunday to show what I mean.

As long as the wire is wrapped around the skinny bit of frame and not the 33  or so bit where the hive tool catches it all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yesbut said:

As long as the wire is wrapped around the skinny bit of frame and not the 33  or so bit where the hive tool catches it all the time.

Yup there too. What are you doing with the hive tool way down there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

I use a Delfast 10/97 stapler.  https://delfast.com/nail-products/tools/staplers/97-series-stapler/  These are not cheap but are repairable if they break down.  Mine has done many 1000's of frames without fault.

Thanks Trevor , Do you think you are getting the wire tight enough? I know I can with the nail but sometimes when the hammer connects with the wire it makes a weak point in it an sometimes breaks - maybe im using to thin of a wire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dansar said:

Yup there too. What are you doing with the hive tool way down there?

Wha ?? I don't . That's why you tie the wire there .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36973E45-8797-4E5F-8C04-13D0A528A6A2.thumb.jpeg.50264f5975aa1808b9c720ab7fee8740.jpegD2E35381-BDEB-499C-A384-D2206C970649.thumb.jpeg.a3f148335917a077da1b5e6363d473ca.jpeg030DEC04-A7C3-43A3-8988-1A9F0E02FAF4.thumb.jpeg.982d37bcb525af98a63436d5b2533a94.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dansar said:

A hand stapler works well. I don’t use either hand nails or staples when wiring frames anymore I simply bring the wire around the sidebar and wind the wire back on it self. I’ll get a pic on Sunday to show what I mean.

Thanks Dansar I have seen frames like this is the method hard to master? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 That's exactly where the wire pees me off ! Catches the hive tool very time ! Or am I the only one in the universe who runs the tool down the cheek of the frame whenever it's out ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dansar said:

36973E45-8797-4E5F-8C04-13D0A528A6A2.thumb.jpeg.50264f5975aa1808b9c720ab7fee8740.jpegD2E35381-BDEB-499C-A384-D2206C970649.thumb.jpeg.a3f148335917a077da1b5e6363d473ca.jpeg030DEC04-A7C3-43A3-8988-1A9F0E02FAF4.thumb.jpeg.982d37bcb525af98a63436d5b2533a94.jpeg

No eyelids?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Markis said:

Thanks Dansar I have seen frames like this is the method hard to master? 

No. It does help to have calloused fingers and hard fingernails though. Although my 15 year old daughter us very good at wiring frames this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dans wife has hidden the mascara...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Markis said:

No eyelids?

 

Yes I have those to attach my eyelashes to...😆

No eyelets like the Russian Pine ones.03BB7096-F517-4402-877A-64101E75191F.thumb.jpeg.31f80a396d0125bc12c35419cd505c55.jpeg66D53E43-A7B9-475A-BD8F-F33F8757B843.thumb.jpeg.0b16e6258e73918927c553c7306b269a.jpeg

 

Edited by dansar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dansar said:

Yes I have those to attach my eyelashes to...😆

No 03BB7096-F517-4402-877A-64101E75191F.thumb.jpeg.31f80a396d0125bc12c35419cd505c55.jpeg66D53E43-A7B9-475A-BD8F-F33F8757B843.thumb.jpeg.0b16e6258e73918927c553c7306b269a.jpegeyelets like the Russian Pine ones.

 

looks like a good job ill give it a go tomorrow any tips on how I should do it > must be a knack in doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Markis said:

looks like a good job ill give it a go tomorrow any tips on how I should do it > must be a knack in doing it.

Just have a go and work out a method that works with the tools and jigs that you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that wiring looks like it would be rather slack.

one thing i don't like with the stapled ones is the wire is often slack.

the old fashioned little nail is a good way to make a tight wire and frankly it would be far faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tristan said:

that wiring looks like it would be rather slack.

one thing i don't like with the stapled ones is the wire is often slack.

the old fashioned little nail is a good way to make a tight wire and frankly it would be far faster.

 

I find the nail wrap is best for a tight wire, but it is probably a case of what you get used to.

 

I do need help though sourcing old fashioned 10x1mm small nails.

Ecrotec have stopped supplying them and yet to find another source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Markis said:

Thanks Trevor , Do you think you are getting the wire tight enough? I know I can with the nail but sometimes when the hammer connects with the wire it makes a weak point in it an sometimes breaks - maybe im using to thin of a wire. 

I certainly get my wires very tight.  You have looked at my videos.

Over to you.

Every beek has there favourite way of doing things.  Work out what is best for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bushy said:

I do need help though sourcing old fashioned 10x1mm small nails.

Bunnings  stock 12 x 1.0 panel pins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yesbut said:

Bunnings  stock 12 x 1.0 panel pins

Thanks. I will go back and have a proper look but I think these pins are for staple guns, not loose. Smallest loose nails I have found are 19x1.6mm, but this time I will wear the glasses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

250 gms $7.83 plated panel pins 12 x 1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put eyelits in and solder the wire to the eyelit with lead free solder. I can get the wires very tight using the roll of wire as a pulley to tighten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×