Super bright spotlight

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It won't be long Daley believe me... my boy is 5 and a crack shot on the tree bears... me holding the light, "under his chin son" crack goes his wee  RASKAL .22  thump goes the tree bear. Better than

Great for seeing eggs . Also great for tripping over when you move away from hive because your spatial perception all wrong .

Do you still have possums where you live .? Thank God I shot the last one while I could still see .

Posted Images

1 minute ago, yesbut said:

What about a  headlamp instead of handheld ? 

14 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

So my eyes are more stuffed this year than ever and my trusty spotlight died today.

i need a really strong hand held spot light / light for grafting, can anyone recommend a brand or even explain to me what I need to look for in the way of things like lumens and watts etc 

Do you sit in your Ute and graft on thethe steering wheel .

• Agree 1
44 minutes ago, yesbut said:

What about a  headlamp instead of handheld ? 

The one I used previously was a headlight it was very bright but all the other headlights we have aren’t bright enough.

so I need to buy another one but I don’t really know what to look for regarding the description of how bright the light is.

i don’t want yet another headlight that I can’t use for grafting :( 

LED lenser.

I’ve got a few different ones, you won’t need a huge one. I use this one for grafting 

https://www.coastalsports.co.nz/shop/ledlenser-headlamp-h6r/?gclid=CjwKCAjwtvnbBRA5EiwAcRvnpmz-i2kbj-K3r2SRE-lkr4WZ5fbN6p0GNLmgcPixVQnzXzDWTE-xBBoCDZoQAvD_BwE

Super bright, worth the price tag.

I use a headlamp unless I’m doing more than 100 cells then I use a handheld pen torch, otherwise I get a sore neck craning to see for too long.

edit: I didn’t shop around for the best deal, should be able to get it cheaper than that, that was just the first one that came up.

Edited by Daley
  • Like 2

@frazzledfozzle This is my new one for work. Has several brightness settings up to 475 lumens which is very bright. USB rechargeable. Price just north of a hundy bucks. I got sick of the battery compartments failing in the cheap ones. I could graft with this easily. 

20180823_202813-1024x768.thumb.jpg.e534c51a3759de9ba04e164de6e38656.jpg

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Lighting/Personal-Lighting/2111-21

• Like 3
Just now, Rob Stockley said:

@frazzledfozzle This is my new one for work. Has several brightness settings up to 475 lumens which is very bright. USB rechargeable. Price just north of a hundy bucks. I got sick of the battery compartments failing in the cheap ones. I could graft with this easily. 

Hey Rob , welcome back ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Rob Stockley said:

So you reckon a half blind old girl could graft with it Rob ?

Can I buy in NZ ? 

3 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

So you reckon a half blind old girl could graft with it Rob ?

Can I buy in NZ ? 

This feels like a trap.... yes, and yes.

If the only thing stopping you grafting is an absence of light then this will help you see the light.

Tool Shed and numerous wholesalers stock them round here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Rob Stockley said:

Shiny hmmm I think I need another torch my one is bright I have to use it on half but man I need a glove box of batteries to keep up and it's LED

• Agree 1
42 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

@frazzledfozzle I think Rob is closer to our age so his advice is good .

Daley is far to young .

But I think 1400 lumens was a bit over the top , even for someone as old as me .

I do a bit of spotlighting.

A P7 can see possums up a fairly high tree  haha grafting with it is probably overkill, I use a tiny tiny one(might be a P3?) but I don’t think that would be enough for someone who had bad eyesight

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Daley said:

I do a bit of spotlighting.

A P7 can see possums up a fairly high tree  haha grafting with it is probably overkill, I use a tiny tiny one(might be a P3?) but I don’t think that would be enough for someone who had bad eyesight

Do you still have possums where you live .?

Thank God I shot the last one while I could still see .

• Haha 5
17 minutes ago, kaihoka said:

Do you still have possums where you live .?

Thank God I shot the last one while I could still see .

Yup. Normally I’d get out shooting a bit this time of year, easy to get them in the willows

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

And im wondering if beekeeping with bubs in the Ute is happening this season ?

Not just yet. But I’m quite sure it will. She’s a good little bubba pretty chilled out, very robust 

• Like 4