Merk

What does 'pure manuka' mean?

RISK OF CLOSURE

2 hours ago, frazzledfozzle said:

So best to wait until autumn before ordering staples for winter.

we will still be using synthetics after the honey comes off aim too scared to do just staples .

Sorry it’s off topic and should probably be moved to the ox/gl thread :) 

Remember Frazzle that OA staples are an own use treatment and as such it is you that must be in control of your decision.

For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, I take thee Staple as my treatment.

If you are unsure, do not do it.

1 hour ago, Trevor Gillbanks said:

No.  You can buy the staples now.  Just hang off with putting the OA/Gl on them.  Wait until closer to use time.

I get @Philbee to do the whole thing I don’t want to be mucking around with mixing stuff up when I can get it done for a few dollars extra.

so you reckon staples and no synthetics is anyone else going to bite the bullet and go with staples only ?

Edited by frazzledfozzle

6 minutes ago, frazzledfozzle said:

I get @Philbee to do the whole thing I don’t want to be mucking around with mixing stuff up when I can get it done for a few dollars extra.

so you reckon staples and no synthetics is anyone else going to bite the bullet and go with staples only ?

Yes I will be, but I will be very watchful. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, frazzledfozzle said:

I am this autumn .

But I am a hobbyist .

I would not recommend anyone go completely staples unless you have done all the research and are doing regular varroa wash checks.

I am prepared to jump back to synthetics if I notice a significant mite drop.  Say 2 or 3 %.

we will run an 8 week synthetic then overwinter with staples. 

Just to be different. 

I did Oa/GL shop towels and vapouriser  spring and staples Autumn Then thought a change was required so used Bavarol this spring.  Varroa is presently very hard to find in my hives.

• Like 1

Be advised that this topic is currently being actively monitored by moderators and it may be locked at any time.